.32 ACP

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

schatzperson

.32 ACP

Post by schatzperson »

May I ask if anybody knows if any serious consideration has ever been given to using the .32 ACP for centerfire ?
The 32 ACP feeds reliably, but what about accuracy potential ?
Is anyone aware of any experiments been done regarding bore diameter and twist rates for both 25 yards and the long line, using this cartridge?

All the best for the Season !
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

I don't know of any bullseye guns chambered for the 32 ACP. There are several made for the 32 long and the guys scramble to get them accurate at 50 yards because they are really designed for European matches that are shot at 25 yds. and have short barrels so the magazine can be in front of the hand and the gun will fit in the European "maximum size" box. The interesting part of this is that they are reinstalling .308 barrels in the .32 with a 1 in ten twist right out of a typical .308 caliber rifle while still shooting the typical lead .32 bullet which is about .312 with the barrel sticking out of the gun about 2 inches. Since they are shooting bullseye there is no size box. What all this means is that a .32 will shoot very accurately with the right barrel and bullet and I don't see why the 32 ACP couldn't be accurate also if only someone made a gun that was accurate to shoot it.
fc60

In my opinion, the 32 ACP is accurate

Post by fc60 »

50 yard results of a Pardini HP specially chambered for the 32ACP. Fired from a machine rest.

Hornady 60 grain XTP
2.6 grains W-W 231
CCI 500 primer
R-P Brass

Cheers,

Dave Wilson

Fabricator and shooter of fine 32 barrels.
Attachments
Target One
Target One
Target Two
Target Two
Target Three
Target Three
schatzperson

32ACP

Post by schatzperson »

oldcaster, no ther are'nt any 32ACP bullseye or CF guns. Thats why I am considering building the concept. Thank you for the barrel twist and bore information.
Hi Dave, very well done indeed !!
Good results with the Pardini HP. What bore diameter and twsit rate on that barrel ?
Oh , you might want tp post these results in the Olympic section. I started another thread, titled 32ACP, and there is a dynamic discussion going on .
So guys doubt the feeding advantages of 32ACP over the long cartridge.
K38

Post by K38 »

I would keep that Pardini HP! I have heard of using the .32 ACP as an experimental Bullseye gun. Someone on the Bullseye list was building a gun. I wonder if a 9mm loaded lightly with a lead SWC would not be a good way to go. 9mm stuff is pretty easy to come by. As to .308 barrels Doc Young has an Erma (SP?) with a .308 barrel that he is fond of. I wish I had some talent with the Lathe and Mill, I would love to try some different things. As an aside I have seen pictures of a Ruger .22 auto converted to .32 S&W long. It had a large weight added to the back of the bolt.

Dwight