Accurizing a Ruger MK1

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

karl808

Accurizing a Ruger MK1

Post by karl808 »

I am new to this forum and I am sure this question has been asked before. What can I do to accurize a Ruger MK1 pistol? Meaning trigger work, mag work, or any after market kit that I can buy that does not require an FFL. Also, any after market grips that I can buy? I am a lefty.

Mahalo in advance.
checkenbach

Post by checkenbach »

I have a MKIII 6 7/8" Slabside stainless with an accurizing kit from Volquartsen and it's GREAT!!!!!!!!! It was a drop in kit, if you can field strip your gun, you can do the install. I also have a Volthane grip on it, but they're not available in LH IIRC. It's a tackdriver.
Go to Rimfire Central for much more info.
karl808

Thanks!

Post by karl808 »

Will definitely take a look. I am such a novice a pistol shooting that I think I will train right handed. We will see.
Philadelphia

Re: Thanks!

Post by Philadelphia »

karl808 wrote:Will definitely take a look. I am such a novice a pistol shooting that I think I will train right handed. We will see.
I'm a lefty who shoots w/ right hand too. Guns are generally made for the right handed and IMHO it's worth it to learn to do with right hand. My suggestion is shoot w/ right hand if your right eye is dominant.