Benelli MP95 Feed issue

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

lookingforX

Benelli MP95 Feed issue

Post by lookingforX »

I have a Benelli MP95 that will occasionaly jam on the last round of the mag. The round will actually feed high and catch on the top edge of the chamber. When it jams, it is always on the last round in the mag, but I have noticed that other rounds are slightly deformed by scraping the top of the chamber when loading. The issue isnt mag specific.. I have new 6 round mags.. new recoil spring, and new buffer. Jam has happend with Eley CCI and RWS so I dont believe it is ammo specific... and the chamber edge was rounded by larry at Perry. Anybody have a similiar issue? any recommendations?
fast shooter

Bennelli feed issues

Post by fast shooter »

I have a Bennelli 90S that had the same issues, sent it back to Larry's and returned with no improvement. I've found that putting a few drops of oil or breakfree on the top rounds and letting drip down through the magazine has solved the problem. Haven't had a missfeed in over a year.
montster

Just feed it 5

Post by montster »

I have issues with the 6th round with infrequent jams. Now I just use 5 rounds and it is feeding flawless. Other feed issue I have seen is use a bore brush every 50 rounds with a touch of solvent and then pull a couple of dry patches through it. Takes 5 minutes.
LookingforX

Benelli MP95 Feed issue

Post by LookingforX »

Thanks for the feedback.. the issue happens with the last round in the mag.. I have been loading 6 rounds so I can get through timed and rapid without an issue and just ejecting the unfired 6th round.. which the head is scraped from loading... I am really trying understand the root cause of the issue..
Shaky

Bennelli MP95 Feed Issue

Post by Shaky »

I have a Bennelli MP90S that failed to load the fifth round 20-40% of the time. In all cases, the bolt would override the fifth cartridge, strike it in the middle and drive it forward at an angle so that the bullet struck the top of the chamber. While at Camp Perry this year I talked with someone at Larry's and he suggested that I stretch the magazine spring slightly. When I returned home I tried this, but there was no improvement. Last week I decided to have another go at it and took the spring out of magazine #1 and stretched it some more to a new length of 3 and 5/8 inches. Using CCI SV (0032) it went through a box of 100 without a hitch. I then modified magazines #2 and 3 in the same fashion and now they also work. The magazine base is held on by two roll pins, but you only have to remove the one in the rear because the front pin rests in a groove in the front of the magazine tube. I hope that this cures your problem too.
Shaky
skippy896

rule 1.7

Post by skippy896 »

please see rule 10.7 which states that the command is "with 5 rounds load"
rb02wrx

mp 95

Post by rb02wrx »

What ever you do, do not buy a Larrys Guns sight rail. Pure garbage. And the funny thing is they advertise " Designed by Larry and Ken and manufactured right here in Maine, this mount is quality all the way" I cant empty one magazine without a stove pipe or log jam. Casings eject and bounce off rail and back into slide. I have talked to several people at camp perry and they told me the same thing. Complete waste of 180 bucks.
wingnut

Benelli

Post by wingnut »

First clean the mags real good. Then put the gun on a rest & shoot 5 rounds. You are talking about a feed problem & not an ejection problem.
rb02wrx

jam

Post by rb02wrx »

There is a fine line in tuning a magazine. Close the gap too much and it wont feed and too open and you get what you describe. Don't be afraid to play with the opening of the mag a little at a time. If you have a micrometer gage the mags that don't seem to give you any problems and compare the openings to the ones that give you problems. Adjust the openings a little at a time and see what happens.
Barry G

Post by Barry G »

In all fairness I just received my new World Cup with Larry's scope rail and fired 120 rounds last nite without a problem. In looking at it perhaps if you cut out a small piece of the rail your empties might clear. As near as I could tell, mine ejected pretty much straight out.

Post by Guest »

how many magazines did you get?
Barry G

Post by Barry G »

I got 3, 2 with the gun and 1 extra. All 3 seemed to eject the same and they mike the same. I wonder if something could be done to your ejector to change the angle?
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

The ejector is on the magazine. Since the magazine can move around a bit ejection is inconsistant. Watch what part the empty round hits on the magazine and first bend just a few thousandths one way or the other and see if this gives you relief. You can measure with a caliper and do some deep thinking and figure out which way it needs to be bent. Also these guns don't function as well when over 5 rounds are put in a magazine.