Bullseye L forum ?s

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

slavetoturf

Bullseye L forum ?s

Post by slavetoturf »

Is the Bullseye L forum still up and running? I have joined but have not been able to log on - does anyone know the status of that forum?
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

Bullseye-L is alive and well, but it isn't a "log-on" BBS style list. It is an email type list. You have to subscribe at Bullseye-L Internet Forum, and you will be able to send messages to the list. Via options, you can choose to receive all individual emails sent from any members or digest versions, which compile several into one email message. You can also turn off all receipt without unsubscribing; good for vacations. There is an archive of all the messages at Google Groups Bullseye-L Archive, but subscribing there (if it's even possible) will not register you with the List. That's just an archive of the messages.

Take Care,
Ed Hall
Air Force Shooting Homepage
Bullseye (and International) Competition Things
slavetoturf

Post by slavetoturf »

Ed thanks, I am now receiving e-mails.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

slavetoturf wrote:Ed thanks, I am now receiving e-mails.
And how!
IronAir

Post by IronAir »

Hello all,

Is there a reason why that forum is set up the way it is? I registered there to try and learn more about Bullseye, but just could not deal with the way they communicate. I have not seen another forum like that, I think I know why. Any chance it might turn into a forum like this one, so I could give it another shot?

Sorry to rant in my first post, but I was just dealing with that Bullseye-L thing today, and became very frustated very quickly.

Jeff
Ken O

Post by Ken O »

I agree. I think we all wish it would go to a forum format, but doesn't look like it is heading that way.

Brian Zins started a forum a couple years ago and I was hoping Bulleye shooters would migrate there, but it didn't happen.

The Bulleye L does have the most activity, you have to wade through the stuff your not interested in, but the price is right.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

IronAir wrote:Hello all,

Is there a reason why that forum is set up the way it is? I registered there to try and learn more about Bullseye, but just could not deal with the way they communicate. I have not seen another forum like that, I think I know why. Any chance it might turn into a forum like this one, so I could give it another shot?

Sorry to rant in my first post, but I was just dealing with that Bullseye-L thing today, and became very frustated very quickly.

Jeff
Jeff, ask your questions here. Many of the same members but a better format. Also if there is something specific that you want to know sometimes a search of the bullseye-L archives is helpful. Isabel
CR10XGuest

Post by CR10XGuest »

Yes, there is a great reason. The bullseye list is one of the oldest internet / e-mail based shooting grouips. We lost a tremendous archive of disucssions many years ago by some of the best shooters of this generation with the original list failure. This is about the third generation of the list. The e-mail format continues, like the original setup, because it was the only format available during the dark and stormy "dial up" days of yesteryear. Most of the older users just dont want to change, or go to a forum design.

It does have some appeal in that past er, inapproprate or unkind remarks shall we say, diaappear with each deletion (unless you visit the archive), without the intervention of a moderator. On the other hand, dirty laundry can always be re-delivered by someone that keeps the old mailings / discussion threads.

Cecil
IronAir

Post by IronAir »

Thanks for the replies.

I now have a better understanding of the why's and why not's of the Bullseye-L list. I am sorry to hear about the lost archives, I hope it doesn't happen again.

I am sure the Model T was a great car in its day too, but you just don't see many on the road these days. Just saying.

Ken O, I think I will be shooting with you this winter. I am sending you a PM.

Jeff