FWB 65 or FWB 80* WHATS YOUR CHOICE*

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

ebrem

FWB 65 or FWB 80* WHATS YOUR CHOICE*

Post by ebrem »

Hi

A friend of mine asked me to post this for him.
He has a choice to buy a FWB 65 or a FWB 80 (both in excellent shape) he is wondering which is the better air gun.

All opinions would be appreciated. Thanks
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

This question should probably be posted in another forum. Bullseye pistol does not involve air guns. Isabel
Rover

Post by Rover »

I'll answer anyway...either one would be fine. They are basically the same, but the FWB 80 is much scarcer. It also allows the use of weights. I found this of no advantage, but different folks....
FredB

Post by FredB »

I have owned both. Besides the weights as previously mentioned, the main differences are between the triggers and the grip frames.

The trigger blade on the 80 is movable to accommodate different finger lengths, while the blade on the 65 is fixed. Also the trigger feel was quite different on my two samples. The 65 has a longer pull with some roll to it, while the 80 has a very short take-up and very crisp release. Trigger adjustments on both are fairly minimal by modern standards. I actually prefer the 65 trigger feel, but have some trouble reaching the trigger.

The grip frame on the 80 is smaller than on the 65, so the 80 allows more latitude in reshaping your grip if needed. All in all, the 80 was an attempt to make the 65 a little more adaptable in several respects.

HTH,
FredB
2650 Plus

FWB 65 or FWB 80

Post by 2650 Plus »

Like Fred B I have owned both and shot both in competition. I prefered the 80 because the weight system allowed me to ballance the pistol to my style better than the 65. I also prefered the model 80 trigger. As Steve often says, " your milage may be different " Both pistols shot tens every time I did. Good Shooting Bill Horton