Optics Style Choice

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

ctkenc

Optics Style Choice

Post by ctkenc »

Why does one use the "Tube" style Optic as opposed to the "L" shape optic?
For example, why choose the Ultardot "Matchdot" (tube style) as opposed to the Matchdot "Utra LT" ( what I called "L" style for lack of a better description) ?
Thanks
jackh

Post by jackh »

Personal choice. I think with the tube type all those concentric circles and dots help in the aligning and aiming process. Tubes outnumber the doctor types by a wide margin.
clark2245

Post by clark2245 »

Most versions of the 'doctor' type sights (non tube) do not have click adjustments for sight changes which makes it harder for consistent changes when moving between 50 and 25 yards. Many also do not have much if any brightness control and are reported to not auto adjust very well in bright sunlight resulting in a dot you can barely, if at all, see. When essentially everyone on the line is using one style of a piece of equipment there generally is a good reason. If however you need a really light total weight for the gun there might be a model that will work for you.

Clark
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

If you need lighter weight on the gun most people go with the aimpoint micro but you will pay a premium for it. I have a micro on one gun and an ultradot matchdot on all the others. There seems to be very little difference in my scores from one gun to the next. Isabel

Post by Guest »

Thanks all ... chose an UltraDot "Matchdot".
Expect that thse old eyes will get a lot of help from this system.