My new pistol box

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

r042wal

My new pistol box

Post by r042wal »

Here are a few pictures of my new pistol box based on plans from Dick Flagg. Plywood laminated in birch. Gil H. scope mount, I drawer with glides. Felt lined. Nickel 3/4" lock. The Walther SSP is not included :-)

Instead of traditional corner protectors, I used 3/4" x 3/16" aliminum strip drilled and countersunk every inch.
Attachments
DSCF1830.jpg
DSCF1831.jpg
DSCF1832.jpg
DSCF1833.jpg
CraigE

Very nice, but....

Post by CraigE »

Don't know about your place, but if I put that box on my dining room table, contents might very well be used on .....ME. Smiling. Perhaps you included some cushioning?
r042wal

Post by r042wal »

Neoprean cushions on the bottom
Ken O

Post by Ken O »

Very nice job! I'm sure it took a lot of time, and looks good.

As for the box on the dining room table, I don't think it hurt the box. Kind of reminds me of a date I brought home quite a few years ago... I had a lead pot on the kitchen stove where I was ladleing some Lyman 452460s a day before. She said "you have been single for a while haven't you".
madmull

Post by madmull »

nice box!!!!!

where can we find the building plan for this box?

Post by Guest »

I used Dick Flagg's plans as a guideline and modified them as I went along. Here is what I used:

http://us.geocities.com/ed_ka2fwj/gunboxdf.html
Guest0ICU812

Post by Guest0ICU812 »

Wouldn't you know.... I go to look at this site and Geocites has been shut down as of today. You wouldn't happen to have a PDF file you could post would you ?

Thanks.

Post by Guest »