advise on adjusting palm shelf

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

little_doodie

advise on adjusting palm shelf

Post by little_doodie »

Well I bought herrett grips for my 1911 and I was looking for advise on adjusting the palm shelf.
How snug should it be?
I am assuming I should adjust the angle till the sights align naturally.

thoughts?

Post by Guest »

I have the Herrets on my Marvel 22 1911.

I set mine up so my hand is located such that the web between my thumb and index finger just snug against the beavertail saftey and the palm rest is in generally full contact with the bottom of my hand.

I had the screws loose and pushed the shelf up till it felt "right" - I thought "right" was when my hand would be in the same place every time I gripped the gun without excessive pressure or movement up and down- that's not much of an answer but it's all I got.

I would like to hear how others adjust the shelf as well - I've had to figure this bullseye shootin' stuff out on my own mostly.
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

When ever I use a palmrest I adjust it the same as the post just above. Any additional adjustment are trial and error until I think the shelf is working just as good as it can and I leave it there for many training sessions until I decide a change may be beneficial. If I do not reach the conclusion that it can be made to work better I may never move it again. Good Shooting Bill Horton
little_doodie

Post by little_doodie »

Well it sounds like I am heading in the right direction.
I would rather use my judgment and ask questions to veriify that I am not heading down the wrong path.
Sounds like I am still on the yellow brick road!!
Thanks