Dont know which 22lr pistol to get HELP pleaase

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

deeds972

Dont know which 22lr pistol to get HELP pleaase

Post by deeds972 »

I want to get a really good 22 and not to sure which one to get. Could someone tell me anything about either of the ones I am considering.

1. Hammerli Exesse
2. Pardini SP
3. Walther GSP Expert

I am also going to be shooting a 45 and I've been told some of them have a similar grip angle to the 45. I'm really just wanting to know some of the pro's and con's on either of them. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Deeds, all of the guns you are considering would be more than adequate for Bullseye. I don't know much about the Hammerli other than is seems to be the replacement for the Trailside. For a gun that is very like a .45 have you considered the possible of getting a Marvel conversion which is a .22 barrel in a slide that fits on to a 1911 frame? I know some shooters who swear by them because they say their .45 scores have improved considerably since switching to the Marvel. The thing about the Pardini and the GSP is that they are euro style guns that have the magazine forward of the trigger. This changes the balance of the gun and makes them unlike a .45 regardless of the grip angle. A .45 unless you add a lot of weight to the barrel end will be either heavy in the back or well balanced. It will not be heavy towards the muzzle. I disliked my GSP for this reason, I never liked the balance and it felt very unlike the .45 to me. I prefer the Feinwerkbau AW-93 because it balances more like a .45 and has a very good trigger although I believe it is more pricy than the Walther or the Pardini.
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Get the one you like best when you try each one - it's as simple as that. You must, must must try before buying.
mk70ss

Post by mk70ss »

I recently bought a Pardini SP and relegated my Model 41 to a backup gun. The trigger is superb and infinitely adjustable. The gun is far more accurate than I. My scores have increased since going to the Pardini. TheEuro-style grip and forward magazine do take some getting used to, as does the two stage trigger. But I am very glad I went with the Pardini.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

As a long time owner of the Pardini SP, their isn't anything better except another Pardini. I have no experience with a Walther so I cannot make a comment. IMHO the Hammerli (Trailside?) is a gun you will be looking to replace shortly and the Pardini will not come into your mind. I don't think the grips nor the two stage trigger will create anything but a short change over period ( a matter of three or four practise sessions. The failure to lock open after the fifth round and loading the .22 mags takes a bit of getting used to as well as use of the bolt stop. These aren't biggies at all. "Doc"