Need a little help. 4H airgun group moving up to SB

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Brayhaven

Need a little help. 4H airgun group moving up to SB

Post by Brayhaven »

My 4H marksmanship club is wanting to branch into smallbore. Any help on guns they're using, & other equipment would be helpful .

They've been doing 10 meter airgun (3 pos) but haven't competed much outside the club.
Budget is always a consideration. But not the only one.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions from you folks who are into this with kids.
Greg
n4jee

Where in N. Florida?

Post by n4jee »

Where are you in North Florida? I'm in Keystone Heights and just getting a junior group started.
Brayhaven

Re: Where in N. Florida?

Post by Brayhaven »

n4jee wrote:Where are you in North Florida? I'm in Keystone Heights and just getting a junior group started.
Were in Live Oak.
brayhaven@aol.com

There is a youth shooting group in Jacksonville & another in Tallahassee (not 4H). Maybe we can get a series of "round robin" matches going for the kids. E-mail me & we'll keep in touch. A gentleman from GA sent me a PM who is active with a 4H club. I plan to call him to get some of his "expert" help. I'm sure he can help you as well.
Greg
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

We have been happy with a few Izhmash CM-2's. We got 4 of the Cadet (short/youth) models and I wish I would have split them between the regular and youth (2 each). As it is I've installed sight extension tubes for my intermediate shooters. These are RH stock guns

We also use a few Marlin M-2000s. If you get the ambi stock version your lefties will be happy with you.

Be prepared .... a few of you kids may want to go further and then you can really begin to spend some cash .... I do like the Anschutz 1912 Sport rifles.

Ammo: Wolf Match Target or SK STD Plus is great for 50 ft training and pretty much will do for most of your kids out to 50 yds/mtrs
Brayhaven

Post by Brayhaven »

Thanks for the input. I know what you mean about them wanting to go further. 2 have already gotten into skeet. Talk about expensive :o).
Greg