Gun-Ho Pistol Boxes No Longer Being Made

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

seattle89

Gun-Ho Pistol Boxes No Longer Being Made

Post by seattle89 »

I just purchased a 4 gun Gun-Ho pistol box and learned they are no longer being made. Same story with the 5 gun boxes. I contacted 4 retaillers and got the last one available from ChampionShooters.com.
tomnfamily

Post by tomnfamily »

I have recently purchased them from Gil Hebard.

Post by Guest »

I have one but I am not completely happy with it. In retrospect I think the Strong Box may be a better deal. I had a real problem getting the Gun-Ho rack to hold the guns securely in the box. I finally ended up converting a five gun box to a four gun box to get a little more leverage to tighten down the guns. I recently purchased a Kalispel Bullseye box from Creedmore Sports. I think I may like it a lot more although I still have to figure out how to secure the guns in that one. It may be a much more low tech solution with my guns in individual soft cases as the box allows for more individuality in how you set it up. Kate
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

Ordered my Gun Ho (5) gun carrier w/ strap today. Got the last one in inventory. .... The members of our BE league use them and they all like the capacity and storage capability. Looking forward to receive it.

BTW, several attempts from many places are all out of stock.
Mass Shooter

Re: Gun-Ho Pistol Boxes No Longer Being Made

Post by Mass Shooter »

seattle89 wrote:I just purchased a 4 gun Gun-Ho pistol box and learned they are no longer being made. Same story with the 5 gun boxes. I contacted 4 retaillers and got the last one available from ChampionShooters.com.
Just curious where you've learned of this information
bob v

Re: Gun-Ho Pistol Boxes No Longer Being Made

Post by bob v »

Mass Shooter wrote:
seattle89 wrote:I just purchased a 4 gun Gun-Ho pistol box and learned they are no longer being made. Same story with the 5 gun boxes. I contacted 4 retaillers and got the last one available from ChampionShooters.com.
Just curious where you've learned of this information
I talked to the lady at Gil Hebard. She told me they were out of business but someone else might be going to pick up the line . But that could be never or at least a long while. I ordered one from them ,so if you're thinking about getting one I'd act now while GH still has some in stock.....bob v
Guest Twenty

Gun Ho

Post by Guest Twenty »

A few years back I purchased mine straight from the manufacturer. At he time it was Pedro's Luggage in St Paul.
Mike V

Post by Mike V »

I am thinking of building my own box. Is there any place you can just the Gun Ho pistol holder tray?

Thanks, Mike
bob v

Post by bob v »

Yes, Gil Hebard sells just the tray. 4 gun $34.00, 5 gun $36.00...bob v
Mike V

Post by Mike V »

Is there a website for Gil Hebard? In Goggle I find a lot of Gil Hebard scope mounts, but not the pistol trays.
bob v

Post by bob v »

No website but here's thier phone number, just call and request a catalog 309-289-2700....bob v
askernie

I AM SELLING MY STRONG BOX .

Post by askernie »

Call me for details...I will be posting on the classifieds tomorrow.

Ernie the Eyeball
813-598-2902
Dick

Post by Dick »

My business partner is good friends with Steve, the guy who owns The Shooters Box, a gun store here in Massachusetts. He told me last week that Steve had been in contact with the manufacturer of the old Gun-Ho boxes and, if things worked out, was planning to revive the line. I just checked out his web site, and from the information posted there it appears that the boxes will soon be available again. www.theshootersbox.com
toughmandave

Post by toughmandave »

Check this one out. sportlockllc.com (do not use www before the address. When you pull up their website go to the pistols section. Down at the bottom you will find their Aluminum Lock Deluxe Shooter's Pistol Box which holds 4 pistols. It is 16 1/2 x 10 x 18 so it is a taller box than the others which gives you a lot more room for target guns with mounted scopes. I can put 4 Baikal 46M's, all with scopes in there and still lots of storage beneath the drawer. The box inside is a rubber material with a soft felt type liner. It has the scope mount riveted to the top door and comes with a set of keys for the locks. The carrying handle is very comfortable. The box door is a little flimsy but works. I did a search on Google for sportlock gun box and found mine for $59.00. Actually it was on Ebay where they still have Sportlock boxes but not this one. I am sure Sportlock still makes this model because I just got it a couple months ago. My old pachmeyer was sturdier but this one is a much larger box. This box has a sturdier scope mount. The exterior really looks cool. It is black diamond plate. Has a sliding drawer with the pad to hold 4 guns with a pin that goes through the padding and through the trigger housings. dave
kevinem

Post by kevinem »

bob v wrote:Yes, Gil Hebard sells just the tray. 4 gun $34.00, 5 gun $36.00...bob v
did he also sell stun guns? if he do how will i contact him?

Post by Guest »

No website but here's thier phone number, just call and request a catalog 309-289-2700

Post by 641 »

Thanks for the info on Sportlock.
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

toughmandave wrote:Check this one out. sportlockllc.com (do not use www before the address. When you pull up their website go to the pistols section. Down at the bottom you will find their Aluminum Lock Deluxe Shooter's Pistol Box
You mean this one? The revolver in the photo seems to just fit. No way any of my bullseye pistols with their dots would fit.

cheers,
Jab