35m

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

dam8

35m

Post by dam8 »

can you dry fire the 35m with out a plug? I've herd people say that the do, but I feel the breech face would get peened? any thoughts?
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Yes, you can by resetting the trigger without cocking the striker.
Fred Mannis

Re: 35m

Post by Fred Mannis »

dam8 wrote:can you dry fire the 35m with out a plug? I've herd people say that the do, but I feel the breech face would get peened? any thoughts?
Are you eferring t the the IZH or the TOZ?
dam8

Post by dam8 »

IZH,
thanks Fred!
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

dam8 wrote:IZH,
thanks Fred!
I've read that the design of the firing pin is such that dry firing without a plug in place is OK. The shape is such that the impact is between the flat portion of the firing pin and the breech face above the chamber. However, I always use a plug with mine. I really like my IZH35 and do not want to risk damaging it. I use a Hammerli plug (available from Larry's). The shape of the plug is such that it is not extracted.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

I've read that the design of the firing pin is such that dry firing without a plug in place is OK.
That's my understanding as well. But I use a plug also, if only to avoid inducing stress in these surfaces. IZH 35M parts are getting harder to come by, so IMO it's wise to treat them gently.
diopter

Post by diopter »

Don't dryfire a 35M without a plug.
The firing pin will not be damaged, but the breech face will start to peen.
That's precisely how I managed to screw mine up, by believing the firing pin was Ok to dryfiring.
It is. but the real problem is it headspaces on the cartridge rim, not bolt face to chamber face. Hammer fall mash them together and causes the damage.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

Thanks to all who replied, I didn't make a habit of it and actually didn't do it much as I had conflicting opinions. Merry Christmas to all