Daisy/Jaycees -- Still a Partnership?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

n4jee

Daisy/Jaycees -- Still a Partnership?

Post by n4jee »

Daisy still refers to it as a joint project, but the US Jaycee Web only refers to it in a historical context. I'm planning on aproaching the local Jaycee chapter to run the project, but would hate to find out that it's no longer considered politically correct or some such nonsense.

Gene Jenkins
Keystone Heights, FL
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I'd suggest calling Denise Johnson at Daisy for their perspective
Denise Johnson
Daisy Outdoor Products
National Account Manager Special Market
479-621-4317
djohnso@daisy.com
2650 Plus

Jaycees / daisy matches

Post by 2650 Plus »

I found myself unwilling to participate in a money making scheme that only benefitted the JC hosts . I had 6 consecutive teams attending the matches and the expenses mounted every year. All to the detriment of the young shooters as they had to raise the funds somehow. The sponsering JC in our small town only showed up when the press appeared with cameras. I trained the team using the range commands in the NRA rule book and the only time the shooters ever heard correct commands was during their training, Rules were ignored any time additional revenue could be raised by ignoring them or changing the meaning. The folks from Daisy footed the bill for running the match and the JCs made the profit. If the Jaycees have droped out of participation ,I expect they just weren't satisfied with the profits that went to them. Good Shooting Bill Horton
n4jee

Profits???

Post by n4jee »

Boy, when I was running the program in the '70's I was always digging into my own pocket or hitting the Jaycees up for bucks. I sure don't know how they made a profit.

You're right about the camera's. Most service organizations have to work hard to get free publicity. It isn't easy to get the LA times to send out a reporter to cover a BB gun class.

Gene Jenkins
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Jaycees are out of the BB business in Virginia.