Kerrville?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

guest123

Kerrville?

Post by guest123 »

Does anyone have news on the status of Kerrville, and plans down there? I heard rumours that funding has ceased and no additional ranges will be built. Thank you.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Since this issue came up at Nationals last year, for my part I'm considering Kerrville a shotgun range.

I've heard nothing else, so whether it's good, bad, indifferent, "it is what it is" and until the Kerville folks themselves release hard dates/plans, I think we just have to accept what is onsite now as the final product, at least for the near/mid term. In 6-10 years from now ...?????

The two new CMP airgun ranges built in the eastern part of the US certainly make it less of a profitable exercise to complete, but I think one of the reasons that two of the ranges were built was the fact that Kerrville would not be ready this year.
(CMP had a nearby building in Anniston that all that was needed was cleaning out and installation ... I'm not sure how confident they were that the new Camp Perry Building would be ready either ... kudos to them to have it up and running so quickly)
Quest1

Money

Post by Quest1 »

The last I heard is that the airgun building shell had been completed, but that is where it has basically stopped. The 50 meter and 25 meter ranges where just started to being scrapped, but I guess they are waiting for a cash infusion to continue any further. I wouldn't be holding my breath for further funding since the fuel crisis has severely curtailed budgets.