IBBGC results?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

4H coach

IBBGC results?

Post by 4H coach »

Anyone have results from the recent BB gun championships in Bowling Green, Ky?
Haireacane

IBBGCM

Post by Haireacane »

1. Pierre, South Dakota 2382
2. Washington, MO 2371
3. Spink, South Dakota 2358
4. Wayne, County Ga. 2353
5. Gallatin, Mt. 2351
6. Palmyra, Pa. 2342
7. Norton, Ks. 2336
8. Timber Beasts, Or. 2335
9. Wyandotte Co, Ks. 2334
10. Ft. Bend, Tx. 2325
11. Tift County, Ga. 2312

I'm one of the Tift County Coaches and we had a great time and this was our best finish in three trips to the match. I would encourage everyone who has a chance to attend the match. Ray Hobbs, the CEO of Daisy promised to give each team that qualifies $1,000 in travel expense money and they no longer charge an entry fee. Now that's a commitment to youth shooting.

David Haire
Tift County, Georgia Shooting Sports
Crisp BB Coach

Post by Crisp BB Coach »

David.....congratulations on your teams' finish. How did Matthew's scores turnout? Wish we could have qualified but I guess it was not meant to be. Hope to make it next year...although Nikki will be moving up to 9th grade. I 'm going to try to start a .22 program for 4H as well as keep up with the BB team. Again, congratulations on an outstanding year and national match.

David T. Smith
Crisp Co. Shooting Sports
229-938-7233
Haireacane

IBBGCM

Post by Haireacane »

Hi David,

Matthew shot 382 and made a 96 on the safety test and finished 10 overall. The competition was very stiff and we had a great time. Good luck with the .22 rifle team. You may want to check with Doug Loftis in Moultre, he has a good team and he runs the state match. I have his work phone number.

We just got back from the Progressive Air Pistol match in Anniston, Alabama. It is the nicest air gun range I've ever seen and they treated the kids so well. It was great to see the NRA, USA Shooting and the CMP working so well together. Our thanks to the CMP for building the range and they promise that electronic targets will be installed there within the next year like the range they just completed at Camp Perry.

Thanks,
David Haire
Tift County 4-H