Used Anschutz rifle wanted? Where to get?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Csizzle

Used Anschutz rifle wanted? Where to get?

Post by Csizzle »

My son is very good shooter who has outgrown his clubs .22 rifles. So it is time to step up and make the purchase for a quality rifle. I am looking for a used Anschutz rifle, prefer something in the 1900 or higher series. If anyone has one for sale or knows where I can get one... let me know. Located in SE Michigan.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Used 1903's are a bit hard to find as they are eternally useful.

The Buy, Sell, Trade area of this site has very good rifles for sale now and again

Also in C Springs: http://www.nealjguns.com/ss_store/UsedTgtRifle.html

New:
For $1125 one of the CMP 1903's is a good deal.

You might just find as I did it was best to just bite the bullet and get a new rifle. See Creedmore, Champions Choice, Champions Shooters Supply.

If you do new .... look ahead, if he is interested in shooting in college, just get it now ... yup, plan on $2500-3500 depending, but treat it as an "investment" in a tool. You know you'll always be able to sell it near what you paid for it. (note that there looks to be a nice 1913 at NealJ's w/ sights)
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

If used, spring for a 54 series action, i.e 1907, 1913, etc, or even the 20xx series. It'll last a lifetime, and you can just swap stocks or barrels over time. I'll have my 1813 action for a lifetime, and swapped stocks once I outgrew my 1810 stock (free rifle rear, but tapered front end like a standard stock).

Put in a call to the Neal Johnsons, Champions Choice, and Champion Shooters. If they don't have anything now, odds are someone is going to do a trade in on a rifle during the national matches in a few weeks, and all of them set up shop on commercial row every year out in Ohio.
rfwhatley

Gun Auctions

Post by rfwhatley »

Don't forget the online auctions. I purchased a 1907 that seemed to have never been out of the box at at a greatly reduced price.

A lot of the used Anschutz for sale are the sporters, or shot-out target guns from the 60's, but every once in a while you'll see a gem. It's worth tracking Gun Broker and Guns America for several months just to see.

Our wonderful benefactor Pilkguns, and Thad Scott also list a lot of Anschutz.