Glove sizing

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Nick_Burman

Glove sizing

Post by Nick_Burman »

Hi all,

I need a bit of help, I'm interested in purchasing a Kurt Thune glove but I haven't got a clue about sizing... my hand's circumference is +/- 205mm (about 8 1/16") and width at the fattest portion is about 80mm (3 1/8"), I would like to know what size would these mesurements translate into? Also, when one orders a right-hand glove does it mean that one gets a glove for left hand, OK?

Cheers NB
fat-tony

Post by fat-tony »

My hand width is just over 80mm across the knuckles at the base of my fingers and I use a Kurt Thune fingerless glove - medium. It was quite a snug fit when I got it first, but it's just right after about 6-8 months of use.
You are correct when you say that you get a glove for your left hand when you specify right-handed.
jimsoars

Post by jimsoars »

On a similar topic - is there any specific nomenclature to specify to ensure that one gets a glove that is compliant with international shooting regulations?
Jim
fat-tony

Post by fat-tony »

You can ask if the glove is ISSF compliant. ISSF rules for gloves are not particularly onerous:

Shooting Gloves

The total thickness must not exceed 12 mm when measuring front and back materials together at any point other than on seams and joints.

The glove must not extend more than 50 mm beyond the wrist measured from the center of the wrist knuckle (Shooting Gloves). Any strap or other closure device at the wrist is prohibited. However, a portion of the wrist may be elasticated to enable the glove to be put on, but it must leave the glove loose around the wrist.

Nick_Burman

Post by Nick_Burman »

fat-tony wrote:My hand width is just over 80mm across the knuckles at the base of my fingers and I use a Kurt Thune fingerless glove - medium. It was quite a snug fit when I got it first, but it's just right after about 6-8 months of use.
You are correct when you say that you get a glove for your left hand when you specify right-handed.
Thanks, most helpful... now, grumble-grumble-grumble... I've emailed Neal Johnson's twice this week but so far no answer. Whassup?? Calling them is not an option (international calls are still somewhat expensive over here), would like to know if they ship foreign but if they don't reply mails how can one get info???

Cheers NB
jimsoars

Post by jimsoars »

Nick - get youself a headset for your computer and you can make cheap calls using skype. Calls to any continental USA number are only .059 reals per minute. If you call 800 numbers they are free.

I use it all the time when I travel internationally. The quality of the calls is quite good. I bought a bluetooth adapter for my laptop so I could use my cell phone bluetooth earpiece - it works great. Normal wired headsets are much cheaper though...

Jim
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Nick_Burman wrote:
fat-tony wrote:My hand width is just over 80mm across the knuckles at the base of my fingers and I use a Kurt Thune fingerless glove - medium. It was quite a snug fit when I got it first, but it's just right after about 6-8 months of use.
Thanks, most helpful... now, grumble-grumble-grumble... I've emailed Neal Johnson's twice this week but so far no answer. Whassup?? Calling them is not an option (international calls are still somewhat expensive over here), would like to know if they ship foreign but if they don't reply mails how can one get info???

Cheers NB
Best of luck in ever getting a return e-mail from Neal Johnsons. I've been waiting a few years now.
fat-tony

Post by fat-tony »

I can't comment on U.S. sites (except for our hosts pilkguns that is! - I found them excellent, but they don't sell gloves, unfortunately).

I bought my glove from Miroslav Varga's website - http://www.euroshooting.eu - Sarka will help you by email with any prospective purchase. The Real /euro exchange rate may not be too favourable, though.
Telecomtodd

Post by Telecomtodd »

I've purchased a compliant "Champion Shooting Glove" from Champion Shooters, and like how it fits. So does my son, he has one too.
It's not as cinched as the picture makes it look. Very, very grippy.

http://www.championshooters.com/store/p ... 266&page=1

Todd Ellis
Nick_Burman

Post by Nick_Burman »

Thanks all guys... unfortunately Champion Shooters won't take foreign orders and Varga won't take credit cards, which is a major hassle - a friend has just put a order through to them and had to pay US$50.00 just to have a money transfer issued!!! I'll ask my coach who is money-savvy, if I can remember he mentioned a place where I can have a transfer done for muuuch less... oh, the problems of living in the "3rd world"...

I've just passed an order to NJ's... hope that they pay more attention to their online ordering system than their mailbox!

Cheers NB
Foreign

Glove

Post by Foreign »

I sometimes buy from Monard through their US site (monardusa.com) and havent had any problems with international credit cards.
The gloves are relatively close to Kurt Thune