Wig Made It !!!

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Hip's Ax

Wig Made It !!!

Post by Hip's Ax »

For Immediate Release April 15, 2008

U.S. Olympic Committee and Allstate Announce the U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame Class of 2008

Chicago, Ill. – Karch Kiraly, three-time U.S. Olympian in volleyball (1984, 1988 and 1996) and three-time gold medalist, leads the distinguished Class of 2008 that will be inducted into the U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame Presented by Allstate. The induction ceremony will take place June 19 in Chicago. The U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame Class of 2008 is comprised of nine Olympians, one Paralympian, an Olympic Coach, Veteran, Team and Special Contributor.

Wrestler Bruce Baumgartner, athletics athlete Joan Benoit, figure skater Brian Boitano, boxer Oscar de La Hoya, equestrian J. Michael Plumb, basketball athlete David Robinson, swimmer Amy Van Dyken, shooter Lones W. Wigger, Jr. and Paralympic swimmer John Morgan will be inducted as individuals. Figure skating coach Carlo Fassi will be inducted in the Coach category along with Olympic figure skating gold medalist Carol Heiss Jenkins in the Veteran category. The members of the 1996 Women’s Gymnastics Team – Amanda Borden, Amy Chow, Dominique Dawes, Shannon Miller, Dominique Moceanu, Jaycie Phelps and Kerri Strug – will also be honored in the Team category, as will legendary Hollywood producer Frank Marshall as the Special Contributor.

Lones W. Wigger, Jr., whose career spanned 25 years, is a three-time Olympian, having competed at the 1964 Olympic Games in Tokyo, the 1968 Olympic Games in Mexico and the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich, where he won a combined two gold and one silver medal. In addition, he qualified for the 1980 Olympic Team. Wigger also competed for the U.S. at five Pan American Games, where he won five silver and 13 gold medals. He is a member of the USA Shooting Hall of Fame and was also honored in 1996 by the USOC as a “Golden Olympian.” A retired Army Lt. Col., Wigger is a two tour Vietnam Veteran and spent 25 years in active duty.
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

Via mass e-mail.
To Everyone:

I just want to thank all of you for your votes, words and support for my recent election to the USOC Hall of Fame. I was told that I had the second most popular votes and it is all due to you and those you sent emails to. I didn't think it would be possible to be selected since it is mostly a popularity and name recognition contest. I guess you should never under estimate the gun community. It is a great honor to be selected and have the shooting sport receive the recognition it deserves. Hopefully this will open the door for others who deserve the recognition. Again, thanks for the support.

Lones
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"