Daisy Competetion BB's

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

CrispCoach

Daisy Competetion BB's

Post by CrispCoach »

Does Daisy or Avanti now make a BB for competition that is better than a ball bearing?
HAIREACANE

BB

Post by HAIREACANE »

Hi Crisp Coach,

Don't know if they are better but they are very good and we have been using them the last two years. I still have thousands of ball bearings but we now shoot the Daisy BB's in competition. I've tested both using a rest in several guns and can't tell the difference, except the price!! About $25 per thousand for Ball Bearings and less than $4 for a pack of a thousand and sixty.

Are you the Coach from Crisp County, Georgia. If so we see you at the District BB match in Moultrie next Saturday. I coach the Tift County Team.

All The Best,
David
CrispCoach

Post by CrispCoach »

Yes...I'm one of the coaches for Crisp Co. and we'll be in Moultrie next weekend. Just wondering if I needed to try the competition bb's or stick with the ball bearings? Also, how are your teams shooting? I'm sure they're great as always.

David T. Smith
Crisp Co.
Haireacane

Post by Haireacane »

The kids are making a lot of progress but we are very, very young this year. I only have 1 4-Her back from our first team from last year along with about a dozen first year shooters.

I would try the ball bearings and compare them with the BB's, that what we did but we'll be using the Daisy BB's again at District and State.

How are your teams doing? I know Coffee County had a team compete at the District Match in Jesup where they finished third and broke 1,800. That's always the bench mark we shoot for at District.

See you Saturday,

David
rfwhatley

Very Interested

Post by rfwhatley »

Although I'm out of 4H and BB guns now, I once special ordered a bag of 4.5mm ball bearings for my son to shoot in competition. Unfortunately they didn't fit!

So I'm very interested in just what size ball bearing does work.

I also found and tried some Gamo 4.5mm round lead balls from a local pellet gun store. Those were too also too tight.