Best (highest quality) barrel replacement for an 1913 Annie?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

crittershooter

Best (highest quality) barrel replacement for an 1913 Annie?

Post by crittershooter »

What replacement barrel would a top competition 3P or prone shooter use if he/she were 'stepping up' to a highest quality (likely most accurate) barrel? That's the one I'll want to buy for a 1913.
Manufacturer?
Model?
SSteel or not?

Thanks!
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Lilja, Krieger, Hart, they all make quality SS barrels. I prefer Lilja myself.
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

A lot of the benchrest guys use benchmark. They are proven and seem very accurate - but having said that I really don't think you can go wrong with Lilja.
crittershooter

Thanks for info on replacement barrel.

Post by crittershooter »

Anyone have a wooden 1913 stock for sale?
1813benny

Re: Best (highest quality) barrel replacement for an 1913 An

Post by 1813benny »

crittershooter wrote:What replacement barrel would a top competition 3P or prone shooter use if he/she were 'stepping up' to a highest quality (likely most accurate) barrel? That's the one I'll want to buy for a 1913.
Manufacturer?
Model?
SSteel or not?

Thanks!
In no order....Hart, Schneider, Lilja, Kreiger, Kreiger, Border, Broughton, Benchmark....and list goes on. All of these manufacturers make winning barrels for 1913 actions.

I would go w/ the stainless steel over chromemoly, but either material is capable of producing a top notch barrel.

Now, what matters just as much as the quality barrel is the gunsmith who will chamber and install the barrel onto the action. With the 2000 series Anschutz, this is not as much as a factor versus what has to be done for the 1800/1900 round actions.

Personally, I would be more concerned about selection of a gunsmith than the barrel manufacturer. Also, a top gunsmith is willing to work with you w/ regards to your accuracy expectations - make sure you are very clear up front on that before you enter any transaction.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Let's not forget HS-Precision.