Sending PMs

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Freepistol

Sending PMs

Post by Freepistol »

Does anyone else have trouble getting PMs to leave the outbox?
I sent a reply this morning at 6:30 and it is still sitting there. I've had other ones go right out and ones sent earlier waiting around. I asked Scott and he has no control over it.
Thanks!
Ben
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

Haven't had this problem at all
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Maybe its because I'm a new member and they are checking for spam.
Aguest

PM's

Post by Aguest »

I think they stay in your Outbox until they are read, then they show in your Sent messages.
Freepistol

Re: PM's

Post by Freepistol »

Aguest wrote:I think they stay in your Outbox until they are read, then they show in your Sent messages.
Thanks, that makes sense!!
jarviser

Post by jarviser »

Freepistol wrote:Maybe its because I'm a new member and they are checking for spam.
One sure way to get spam, I have found, is to leave the "Always Show my Email" option in the member profile. I have received several bits of spam on email addresses that I only use for getting notifications from TargetTalk, so I know it originated from this site's user data.

As the spam is not too heavy I assume it's some sad person looking through the members who display their emails and sending me ads for personal enhancement products and some ridiculous poetry, but it could be a crawler program.

My latest TargetTalk email address is no longer displayed at the bottom of my postings. If I still get spam I'll get in touch with the site administrator.

Cheers from the UK.