Need some info.

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

C.T.

Need some info.

Post by C.T. »

Hi, I recently went to the NCAA Men's and Women's Rifle Championships held here in West Point, New York. I was absolutely amazed after watching the rallys and I am interested in getting into the sport of air pistol shooting. If anyone could give me some information on how to get into this I would appreciate it.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Welcome to the world of shooting, C.T!
The best way to get started is to find local club so you can see some pistols and get equipment advice. You may be able to find someone to let you try their gun.

There is also loads of information on this site. Do a search on something you want to learn and read, read, read.

Also, go to our sponsor's site: http://www.pilkguns.com/menu_coaching.shtml
for lots and lots of information that will answer many questions about basics as well as advanced techniques.

Keep coming here to learn more and ask questions.
Good Shooting!
Ben
C.T.

Post by C.T. »

Thanks I am wondering though if there is some website I can visit to find out where the closest club is.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

C.T. wrote:Thanks I am wondering though if there is some website I can visit to find out where the closest club is.
Try contacting USAS and the NRA to find out. If you post up a bit more info as to your whereabouts in NY, there will probably people on here that are familiar with the area and it's clubs.

Rob.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

C.T.
Here is a listing of NRA matches:

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/calendar.asp

See if any clubs are close to you.

Ben
C.T.

Post by C.T. »

Thanks everyone, I am still on the lookout. I think I might check with the Army Rifle Coach and see if he knows of any clubs around here.
edlarson

Pistol shooting

Post by edlarson »

You didn't say old you are. If you are under 18 (4-H age) there may be a shooting sports program in your county. Contact the County Extension agent. If you are older and they have a program, they will be looking for coaches. The best way to learn is to coach and it will give you access to a program and contacts. The 4-H coaches are generally pretty well connected with programs in the area.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

C.T.

Post by C.T. »

I am 17 which is why I posted in this section, in Jully I will turn 18 however.