When I Die

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Lanning R. Hochhauser

When I Die

Post by Lanning R. Hochhauser »

My only fear is after I die, my wife sells my shooting gear for what I told her I paid for it.
DoctorD

Saw this one and couldn't resist.
2650 Plus

When I Die

Post by 2650 Plus »

AMEN
jr_roosa

Post by jr_roosa »

You'll be lucky if she doesn't just give it away.

I'm pretty sure mine will just toss it all in the coffin.

-J.
Telecomtodd

Heard a story like that last night...

Post by Telecomtodd »

Heard a story at the range from one of the RSOs. A former business collegue from NY had some WWII equipment (all Class 3 full auto stuff) he'd brought back from Germany in pristine condition but had recently passed away. His widow contacted the fellow from the range and offered the equipment for $500 to simply get rid of it and wasn't interested in sharing in market profit when resold. It turns out that the equipment was worth about $50K, but the local sheriff at the time (we have a new one with some sense now) would not approve any Class 3 licenses that included full automatics - period. The widow "unloaded" the equipment elsewhere, and the range guy is still shaking his head.

When the man who is now our sheriff spoke at our local gun club, the very first question asked was whether he'd sign Class 3 permits or not!