Anyone that have tried out the new Eley line?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

anol64

Post by anol64 »

I have tried to find any pictures of the new cartridges without any success..

The new Sport (Target in US) are specified to have a Flat nose bullet on the product sheet and round nose on the homepage? And the same for Club ?
Russ57

I shot

Post by Russ57 »

about a half a box of the eley black box EPS. My friend shot one box. We both thought it was very good. Of course for the price it should be.

Word has it that the EPS bullet bucks the wind better.

Russ
geovex

Post by geovex »

Do you know if Eley has stopped production of the Tenex Ultimate EPS? The new boxes just say Tenex. Is it the same cartridge?
1813benny

eley ammo

Post by 1813benny »

Same Eley EPS Tennex in new packaging with higher price.
geovex

Post by geovex »

Figures.
klempner

ELY

Post by klempner »

I have shot the Remmington/Target Rifle last year, First 10 shots I got a 99 6X 2nd 10 was a 95 1X. 100 yds Prone, Iron sights though a CMP M12
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

ok, with NEW i ment the new line for 2008.... all products have a new look, new names and in some cases new cartridges.
cdavies226

Post by cdavies226 »

same product, just new packaging
jr_roosa

Post by jr_roosa »

Somebody brought 2 cases of the Eley Sport to bullseye league last week. I'll ask around this week.

It's on the low-end of the line, and I thought it was supposed to be called "Target" here in the US, but I'm pretty sure the boxes said "Sport."

I'll take a look and see what it looks like.

-J.
Russ57

On the Eley sport

Post by Russ57 »

I wouldn't bother. My friend and I have been trying out some different brands trying to find one mid-priced ammo all our guns like.

The Eley sport was quickly ruled out. It was worse than CCI standard velocity. The Lapua "super club" was a surprise for us. Performance was nice enough to warrant steepping up to the Lapua master. I am awaiting two bricks made up of ten lot numbers for evaluation. This is last years master though.

Russ
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

Well, I tried a brick of the Sport, and it functioned well for me, so I bought a case of it. For what I'm shooting these days, it's more than good enough for practice.

R.M.
jr_roosa

Post by jr_roosa »

I picked up a brick of Eley Sport as well as some Target Pistol from Neal Johnson Guns in Colorado Springs. The Sport does have a round nose, and has nearly the same profile as the Target Pistol. Target Pistol has a more polished case and a thin layer of lubrication on the bullet. The bullets are slightly different with the Sport looking almost identical to Federal Standard Velocity.

The Sport says "Made in Mexico" on the box, unlike the Target Pistol.

Haven't shot any yet.

-J.