O-ring replacement

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Al Dart

O-ring replacement

Post by Al Dart »

Can anyone tell me how to replace the green o-ring on the Walther CPM-1 and CP-2 cylinders. Yeah, I know that they are dinosaurs in this day, but they are all my Junior club has. Any help would be appreciated.

Al
Raymac

Post by Raymac »

The large green o-ring simply sits in a groove in the brass fitting. it can easily be taken out by using a home-made tool.....something like a 1/8" screwdriver. You may have to bend it into a hook-shape. Hook it under the o-ring and pry it out. You must be very carefull not to scratch the brass groove that the o-ring sits in otherwise it will leak. Round off the sharp corners of the tool. The new ring is pushed into place starting at one side and working it into place with a small wooden dowell. Keep this o-ring lightly greased to avoid it being torn when screwing the cylinder onto the gun. Good luck.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Al,
If you can get one, a pick that a dentist uses for your teeth is an excellent tool for this sort of thing. They are stainless steel and have a right angle and a fine point. I am very fortunate my cousin is a dentist so I got a used one no problem. Maybe you can ask your dentist?
donthc

Post by donthc »

the o-ring is slightly stretchable. just try to stretch it slightly to fit it onto the valve.

by the way, i have a question to ask. how often does your o-ring tear? and how much does it cost to have a replacement?

I am down to my last spare o-ring. i think it may not last long.
Raymac

Post by Raymac »

The O-rings will last indefinitely provided only that they are lightly greased from time to time. If they are not lubricated they have a nasty habit of tearing from the friction and gas pressure. Any Walther dealer should have these in stock.....they are 14 X 3 size and the hard green material is special for CO2.....do not use black o-rings. Walther part
No. 245 98 17. I have a half dozen of these in my o-ring box if you are stuck.
Good luck, Ray.