CM-2 Question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

azav8or

CM-2 Question

Post by azav8or »

I have a Izhmash CM-2 and was curious about some modifications to it. Has anyone added different butt plates or done anything to extend the stocks? Mine came with the two standard spacers, but I need to get about 1-1.5 inches of additional length in the stock (I am 6'4"). Just looking for any advice on it.

Also, I am debating changing the rail system out to an Anschutz rail so that I can use their accessories like a palm rest or a riser block for 3P. Any suggestions in this department either?

Any other modifications anyone would recommend? I know I am pretty well stuck with these sights and I am good with that unless someone else had an easy way to improve them.

It is a solid tack driver and I am just looking to better fir it to me.

Thank you!

Go Patriots! 16 minutes to Kick Off!
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

We have these for our JR program, and the one thing I NEED to do is to get a standard rail on these .... it is such a pain.

I have been able to get sub-1" groups of 5 on every CM-2 we have when fired in a 100yd tunnel .... (Wolf MT) .... I like them too.

If I needed longer, I'd use the spacer as a template and cut a block of wood to the same dimensions, just whatever thickness you need.

We have the "cadet" models and sometimes I need to add some weight to the end of the BBL .... I just wrap some of the thick plumbers solder around the front of the BBL with a bit of electricians tape to keep from sliding