Shooting Glasses Substitute??

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

DonC

Shooting Glasses Substitute??

Post by DonC »

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... t=11082005
Anybody ever used this product? I think I would rather have the lens mounted on the sight than to have to wear and buy the glasses frame.
What is your opinion and/or expereince?
Thanks,
Don
xcrunner8k

Post by xcrunner8k »

hey don,
it's easier than wearing the frames but you'll get shit from the equipment check... if you're not shooting official competitions, i say go for it.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

ISSF
7.4.2.3 Sights
7.4.2.3.1 Correcting lenses and telescopes must not be attached to the rifle.
DonC

DUH?

Post by DonC »

Thanks guys for the WHY?
Next question......why was this rule put in place? There must be some signifigant advantage to having an attached lens. What is the advantage?? What is signifigant?
Inquiring minds what to know.
Don
P.S. Boy, there sure are alot of rules for 10 meter. Is this exclusive to 10 meter or are other shooting disciplines similar?
Don
By the way, my left eye orginal 10 meter blinder was homemade white hue plastic , and worked perfect. AFTER I read the rules, I bought out the X-acto knife and now it's 1/3 smaller. Later, I just figured, I'll do without a blinder. I still wonder what the advantage of a slightly larger blinder is??? Lot of rules in 10 meter. I don't care. 10 meter is fun fun fun. Nobody can spoil my fun. hehe
Thanks for all your great advice,
Don
WarWagon

Re: DUH?

Post by WarWagon »

DonC wrote:Thanks guys for the WHY?
Next question......why was this rule put in place? There must be some signifigant advantage to having an attached lens. What is the advantage?? What is signifigant?
Inquiring minds what to know.
Don
P.S. Boy, there sure are alot of rules for 10 meter. Is this exclusive to 10 meter or are other shooting disciplines similar?
Don
By the way, my left eye orginal 10 meter blinder was homemade white hue plastic , and worked perfect. AFTER I read the rules, I bought out the X-acto knife and now it's 1/3 smaller. Later, I just figured, I'll do without a blinder. I still wonder what the advantage of a slightly larger blinder is??? Lot of rules in 10 meter. I don't care. 10 meter is fun fun fun. Nobody can spoil my fun. hehe
Thanks for all your great advice,
Don
Not having it attached leaves interpretation open for magnification devices, and would put eagle eyes and other open sight aids as a possible advantage.
isuguncoach

blinder size

Post by isuguncoach »

DonC

The change in blinder size came after one of the recent Olympics. The TV picture could not see the shooters face with the big "ocluder's" (they don't like to use the word blinder, they only oclude your vision not blind you). So ISSF changed the rule to make the sport more appealing to the TV audience.

Joe