Help with new shooting Jacket questions plz

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

2many7s

Help with new shooting Jacket questions plz

Post by 2many7s »

First, thanks for reading my questions

I plan on purchasing a custom Monard standard jacket in a few months, maybe in l. I have let myself get a little out of shape and I am working out again and trying to drop a few pounds I order a new custom jacket. Since I did not have ANY jacket at all, I decided to buy a "cheaper" off the shelf jacket to use until I ordered the custom sized one and waited the 2 months to get it made and shipped. So, I purchased a Champions Choice jacket and it looks nice but it is tight in the armpit / front of the shoulder area. I am hoping it will loosen up as I wear it but I do not know how to break in a new jacket (Shoot in it I guess:). It is a size 48 and that is the largest they make "off of the shelf" and I have kind of big shoulders and chest. I measured the other day at our fire department fit check and I have a 49 inch chest, a 40 inch waist, and 43 inch hips. I know to get a perfect fit I need the custom size but do you think I can get this jacket loosened enough to use for a little while?

How do I "Loosen it up” with out ruining it? H do I know when broke in becomes worn out?

I have shot 20 rounds in the jacket and it is so stiff my scores are poor. I believe this is probably normal for new equipment.

Thanks again
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Unfortunately, if it is too small in that area, you will never be able to get comfortable. Stiff or not, I don't believe you be able to get used to it. If you button all the buttons in prone, you can undo some of them towards the bottom to try and give yourself a little extra wiggle room.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It sounds like it's too small.

You could always try a whale flap, it might work, but I doubt it.

whale flap= a piece that buttons in the front to make the jacket larger
2many7s

you may be right.

Post by 2many7s »

I wore it some last night with it completely un buttoned and it was still painful in the front shoulder / front armpit area.
randy1952

Coat

Post by randy1952 »

If that is the largest size it sounds like you have no choice, but to go to custom.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

If it's uncomfortable while unbuttoned I think you're out of luck, It sounds like it's too small across the back (so its pulling back on the front of the shoulders).