When are we going back to Germany???

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Richard H

When are we going back to Germany???

Post by Richard H »

Scott just wondering, I think its about time to start thinking about going back to Germany, maybe 2009.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

2009 we will plan a Germany tour. I have a lot going in 2008. including teaching an engraving class in Germany in October.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Sounds like a good idea to me.
shadow

Germany

Post by shadow »

I am a shooter AND of German descent with relatives in Germany. I would LOVE to go on this trip!
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

What about some of us Europeans joining, naturally we wont need air fairs from the US, we could make our own way and meet you there.

Might be nice to meet some folk face to face

Julian
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

yep, we did that last year, everyone got their own ticket, or lack thereof.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I was on the last one and I can't recommend this trip highly enough. It was one of my best vacations ever. I can't wait to go again. If you like shooting this is the trip for you. You get to shoot, you get to meet great people all over southern German, get to see things that most tourist don't get to see and the food and beer well.
shadow

Germany Trip

Post by shadow »

BTW, what was the cost of the last trip from the US to Germany - air fare, hotel, eand anything else/ I want to start saving! I also hope that the exchange rate does not get any worse.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Around $2200 plus airfare, everyone booked their own plane tickets as everyone comes from different locations. That basically covers everything except shopping. I think I paid about $700-$900 from Toronto to Munich, fares out of the States are cheaper.
Smith2013

What is this trip?

Post by Smith2013 »

I am of german heritage also, and am going to be in Germany for three weeks in july of 2009 for a foreign exchange student program, and this is very interesting to me. What do you do over there?
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

I second Richard's opinion of the trip. My wife and I went last time and we really had a great time. Part of the fun was listening to Richard (affectionately known as "Shrek") tell stories. We laughed until our ribs hurt.

There was plenty for us shooters to do, and enough other stuff, such as touring castles and shopping, to keep the wife happy. I just told the wife about this thread starting up and she immediately let me know we were going again.

Pilk is the world's best tour guide. His knowledge of things German is amazing. The factory tours were a real treat. He knows all the right people to get into all the right places in these factories.

So, Scott, put us down for two spots in 2009. We'll send the deposit as soon as you are ready to start.
Richard H

Re: What is this trip?

Post by Richard H »

Smith2013 wrote:I am of german heritage also, and am going to be in Germany for three weeks in july of 2009 for a foreign exchange student program, and this is very interesting to me. What do you do over there?
Travel around southern Germany by tour bus, visit Firearm/Ammo Manufactures. Most evenings visit local shooting clubs usually have a dinner with them and shoot at their range. The trip also included seeing some of the sites and shopping. The trip is very well organized, lots to do from sun up to sun down very busy week.

Here's some links to some photo's to give you the flavour.

http://pilk-uns.com/picsW/t1/index.htm

http://pilk-uns.com/picsW/t2/index.htm

http://pilk-uns.com/picsW/t3/index.htm

http://pilk-uns.com/picsW/t4/index.htm

http://pilk-uns.com/picsW/t5/index.htm
cdf

Post by cdf »

Personally , Im sorry I missed it . I dont plan to make the same mistake twice !

Chris
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

I would dearly love to go again. But I plan to be shooting in the World Masters Games in Sidney in October 12-16, 2009, almost certainly a direct time conflict.

I highly recommend this trip to all.

Best Regards,
Slo cat

sagara

tour

Post by sagara »

Slo cat wrote:I would dearly love to go again. But I plan to be shooting in the World Masters Games in Sidney in October 12-16, 2009, almost certainly a direct time conflict.

I highly recommend this trip to all.

Best Regards,
Slo cat

We are looking for a good german or chinese coach for the National team..
Dear Pilk, Could you plese help us..
Thanks

Sagara
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

No Russian coach?
sagaraw

coach

Post by sagaraw »

Earlier we had a Russian coach one sergi. But we look for a German Or Chinese coach this time..
thanks
Sagara