Your way to support the rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tsokasn

Your way to support the rifle

Post by tsokasn »

Hello everyone!
I would like you to tell me the advantagies and disadvantagies on my left hand's way that support the rifle.
I try to have the forearm as vertical as I can,with the minimum muscle tension.My question is on the fist of the hand.Mine is relaxed when the axis of the fist is almost parallel with the line of the rifle.All the shooters that i've seen have their fist vertical to the rifle's line.
Is my way wrong?
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

So your wrist is bent and the rifle is resting more on the middle joints of your fingers than on the knuckles?

If so, it's not wrong if it works for you, but I could see this being more compliant in the vertical direction than the more common approach. You might also inflame the tendons of the wrist after a while.
UTEPKaty

Post by UTEPKaty »

There is no wrong or right way. It's whatever is comfortable for you. For example I shoot with my hand at a 45 degree angle between the two positions you discussed with my wrist bent back. For many the position would be painful but for someone like me with lax joints it works quite well
2650 Plus

Position of the left hand in standing

Post by 2650 Plus »

No one has attempted to tell you " The Right Way " because there isn't one. The fundamental is to hold the rifle still and what ever method allows you to hold stillest is correct for you as long as your method is within the rules of the match. I would say avoid copying anyone else unless you are absolutely sure you understand what thet are doing and why they are doing it . Then make sure you can fit the technique into you performance and gain an advantage from it . Only if the answer is yes to all of this should you commit to trying the method you have observed .None of us have all the answers in this shooting game so feel free to disregard every thing I have written as it is just one persons opinion. Good Shooting Bill Horton
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Bill Horton
I am working in the way you described.Try/copy new things and see what suits me best
UTEPKaty
I do the same thing with you(45deg)and bent my wrist towards the trigger to lower the rifle
JohnD
The rifle stands on the fingers.
Thank you all!