888/887 repair

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ray Odle

888/887 repair

Post by Ray Odle »

I have two rifles leaking at the action. The co2 cylinder threads into a steel collar. This steel collar attaches to the pot metal action. These two items are locked together via a screw and pin. This pin is pressed into a blind hole.

Has anyone disassembled this part. If so, how did you remove the pin? What type of seal is used between the two parts?

Any help would be appreciated.
Ray
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Ray ..... I had this happen years ago on one of our rifles....
I had to send it back to Daisy for repair as it was explained that they cut the collar to get the pin out, then repair the seals and install a new collar

Bummer I know, but, oh well: Call or email Denise ... she'll steer you to the right person to contact

Denise Johnson
Daisy Outdoor Products
Special Markets/Customer Service
479-621-4317
djohnso@daisy.com

ADDED>> Just got an exploded parts view & order form from Denise
Go here to download: http://www.vc4hss.com/_Coaches/index.html
dschrank

Post by dschrank »

Ray:
John Groenwald at www. JGAirguns.com has done this repair for us. If you would like to save shipping I can deliver it and pick it up for you. David.
dschrank

Post by dschrank »

Ray:
John Groenwald at www. JGAirguns.com has done this repair for us. If you would like to save shipping I can deliver it and pick it up for you. David.
Ray Odle

Post by Ray Odle »

Thanks JHMartin and Dave for responding.

With all the hammers (up to 20 lbs) that I own I have trouble believing I can not get anything apart.

The parts list help me decide to tear into the rifle. I had an idea of how to pull the pin but I was interested if anyone else had tried it.

I use a dremel tool with a thin cut off blade to cut a notch (groove) just back from the end of the pin. With a small screwdriver placed into this notch, I drove out the pin a short way. I then grabbed it with pliers. It came easy. I untreaded the collar, replaced the 0-ring and then reassembled. It works.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

OK .... now you've made me brave .... I'll try it next time
Ray Odle

Post by Ray Odle »

I have an update.

The rifle I repaired was an older 888 that had a screw plus a pin.

I just pulled an 887 out of the stock. There has been a change in design.

This new one has only a pin (no screw). This pin is going to be a problem. It is a much tighter fitting pin.

I'll let you know if I have to pull out the 20 lb sledge. I may have a rifle for sale real cheap.

This rifle is not leaking through the collar 0-ring, but hissing through the valve out the barrel.
Ray
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Thanks Ray .... my oldest guns are from 2004 and they only have the pin.

I think that Denise at Daisy had told me that by the time you cut out enough to get the pins out, you had to replace the adapter.

BTW ... She told me the other day to expect a price increase about the first of Feb (2008), so if anyone is looking at ordering guns or parts, do so in the next few weeks and pay the current prices.....