Strange thing with rear sight iris

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Another question!
I bought an iris for my rear sight.It is a Centra,iris only,and it is adjustable from 0.8-1.8mm hole.I cannot see clearly!!!I have the adjustment at 1.8mm(max) and i cannot see the target's black circle clearly.Am I doing something wrong?
peepsight

Rear iris

Post by peepsight »

Hi

You may have a bit of dust or tiny fibre in the iris. Give it a good blow out.

Also what kind of eye relief do you have, in other words how far away from the sight is your aiming eye roughly in mm?

Peepsight
2650 Plus

A clear round rear apperture

Post by 2650 Plus »

Is there any possibility that you may have a caterrac forming in your shooting eye? I found considerable deforming of the rear apperture that was able to be corrected by relatively simple eye surgery and am back to shooting tens. Good Shooting Bill Horton
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Last edited by tsokasn on Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Last edited by tsokasn on Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Last edited by tsokasn on Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colin

Post by Colin »

you may have it ste too high.try 1.1 and adjust up or down until target becomes sharp. Colin
Colin

Post by Colin »

regarding last post, foresight should be sharp, unless you are young with good eyesight, and not like us oldies, the target and foresight are seldom both sharp and in focus. The foresight should be sharp and in focus as this creates less aiming errors regards Colin
peepsight

Rear soght iris

Post by peepsight »

Hi
Are you looking directly in line with the iris aperture?
Try opening and closing the iris while you are looking through it and see if there are differences in sight picture clarity. Now remove the iris and check again with the standard iris peep sight to see if there is a difference.
If there is then i can only suggest that there is a fault with the iris or your eye sight.
Is this problem at 10 m with the air rifle, if so you may need some eye sight correction even though your eye sight is as you say OK.
Opticians need to know that for 10m the lense needs to have a focal point of around 5m.
What you must understand is that even shooters who have perfect vision can never ever get perfect focus on both fore sight and target at the same time, one will always be slightly out which preferably should be the target rather than the fore sight ring.
I suggest you seek advice from your optician.

Peepsight
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Here is my iris update!
Today I used my shooting glasses,with a perfect lens degree I must say,and my problem has gone.Everything looks brighter now and I found that the iris adjusted to 1.3 fits me best!
There will be more updates!