Len's prescription for shooting glasses

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tsokasn

Len's prescription for shooting glasses

Post by tsokasn »

Another question.
I bought a pair of shooting glasses.My ordinary spectacles prescription is 4.25D for the right eye and 4.50 for my left one(the aiming one)Now that i have to cut a new len for the shooting glasses,must I follow the ordinary's prescription(4.50D)?
(sorry for my dictation...)
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Typically you would have the lens cut to match the aiming eye, but its best to find an optometrist who can specialize in figuring out what you need for shooting. I don't typically wear glasses, but had a lens prescribed for my shooting eye based on the distance from my rear sight to the front aperture.

-Bryan
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

You mean that len's degree must help me see the front sight clear?
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

While its possible that your regular lens may work for shooting as well, they may work better than others at a particular distance. My optometrist figured a range of lenses, and then had me lay on the floor with the target set at 50 ft, and dropped in various lenses until we found the one that helped me see the front sight the best.
2650 Plus

Eye focus on front sight

Post by 2650 Plus »

Never forget that the target is the only thing in the act of shooting that does not move. Plan to perfect sight allignment, Relax into best stillness and apply steadyly increasing pressure to the trigger, Execute the sight perfectimg part of the plan until the shot has fired and follow through. Tens are not so hard. Good shooting Bill Horton