3P ranges in PA?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

WarWagon

3P ranges in PA?

Post by WarWagon »

After an all-too-long layoff from the world of competitive smallbore (and nearly coming to tears when I opened my Pelican case for the first time since the 2003-2004 NCAA season), I've decided to get back into shooting.

I currently reside in Williamsport, PA, but am a CT native. The only range I'm aware of in PA that supports/understands competitive smallbore shooting is that run by Erin Gestyl down in Palmyra, and while I'd love to shoot there (even though I haven't since before Jamie Beyerle was even thinking of attending college), it's about a 2 hour drive each way for me.

Is anyone aware of any ranges closer to the Williamsport area that aren't pistol ranges or sportsmen's clubs? I'd hate to be forced to set up a 50 meter target in one of the surrounding fields. Somehow, I don't think the local farmers would quite understand :-)

-Bryan
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I bet there is a good club much closer. Seems to me that PA has smallbore shooting everywhere. Try posting your question here too: http://groups.msn.com/PennsylvaniaSmallbore
EdR

Post by EdR »

There are a bunch of places and matches in pa
There are clubs in:
Alexandria
Trevorton
Harrisburg
Washington
Dubois
Murrysville
Ontelauntee

also out doors that I know about
Sietzland
Dauphin
Wilksbarre

I'm guessing Trevorton is the closest and it's about an hour away or so, it's run by Bill Earnest
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Thanks for the replies. I also posted on the msn group.

-Bryan