Picky Barrel

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

EdR

Picky Barrel

Post by EdR »

I'm getting low on ammo and just looked up the prices, they're higher. My barrel (factory kk200) has always been picky on what it likes. Sk match usually out of a few lots I'll find a very nice one. My question is, is there anything that will make the barrel be less fussy over ammo? I have a tuner but I haven't found it to make any great changes but can help get groups tighter. Any suggestions
1813benny

Re: Picky Barrel

Post by 1813benny »

EdR wrote:I'm getting low on ammo and just looked up the prices, they're higher. My barrel (factory kk200) has always been picky on what it likes. Sk match usually out of a few lots I'll find a very nice one. My question is, is there anything that will make the barrel be less fussy over ammo? I have a tuner but I haven't found it to make any great changes but can help get groups tighter. Any suggestions
Every barrel is somewhat picky for what ammunition shoots best. There is really nothing that can be done to effectively minimize this short of changing barrels - but that is not the answer either.

Just buy a couple of different lots and brands and test.

A tuner just adds to the complexity of the rifle...yes it can tighten groups...but it can also open them up.