daisy 888 co2 tank

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jim Morrison

daisy 888 co2 tank

Post by Jim Morrison »

What is the procedures for filling a co2 tank on the 888.

What I think is an empty tank has a weight of about 411 grams. On a postage scale.

I hook it up to my co2 supply and let it sit about 4 or 5 minutes.

The tank now weight 437 grams. Which equals 26 grams and converted to onces is .917.

What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't I have about twice that amount?

Jim
SRichieR

Post by SRichieR »

You must get the cylinder to be filled cold first. Otherwise the pressure will equalize and you will only have a small amount of liquid with mostly gas in the cylinder.

Try one of two things:

1. Put cylinder to be filled in freezer overnight.

2. If cylinder is room temperature, fill it as best you can. Then let it out. This will get it cold. Then, fill cylinder.

Always check weight after filling. When the cylinder is cold you CAN overfill. When you do just let a little out to get it right.

Also, make sure your bulk tank has a syphon (dip) tube. If not, turn it upside down to fill so that you will get liquid.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Just to add my $0.02 to Sam's above....

Get a decent postal scale from Staples or Walmart ....

I prefer to weigh in grams .... an empty 888/887 cylinder will be about 400-405 grams. Fill to no more than 475 grams total weight.... if you go to 480-485 you will at some time in the near future pop the burst disk (again Walmart has replacements)

Agree with Sam that the best way to fill is to start with a cylinder just out of the freezer....

A cylinder at 450 grams will easily be able to shoot a 3x20+Final match
Jim Morrison

co2

Post by Jim Morrison »

I have a postage scale and just as you say, an empty tank weights 400 grain. But for what ever reason, I can't seem to fill a tank to more than 420 or so.

After the holidays, I taking my supply tank in for a check or refill.

In the mean time, my 853 will be the rifle of choice.

Attached is a jpeg of my home air gun range. The targets on the left are smallbore A-17's and top right is a 10 meter AR-1. Below is a 5 meter.

What would be a home air gun range be with out a 5 meter target.

Jim
Attachments
home.jpeg