Adjustable Handstop

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jordan F.

Adjustable Handstop

Post by Jordan F. »

Is getting an expensive adjstuable handstop really worth the extra money over a "regular" handstop? Right now I am using the handstop that came with my FWB 2700. I suppose it does the trick but are there any benefits to getting a "better one"?

Thanks!
Jordan
Southpaw

handstop

Post by Southpaw »

I had a 2600 and loved the factory handstop. It had enough clearance so as not to restrict circulation in my hand and was easy to disconnect the sling from. IMHO

SP
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I am not a big prone shooter. I spend so much time trying to get control of my offhand that prone does not get the attention that it deserves so I am probably not the most qualified to comment but will throw in my oppinion anyway. A friend of mine had the idea that a very thin handstop was good. His idea was that it resulted in the sling bearing against the back of the hand and the sling/handstop combo creates more of a wedge type stop. I have used his idea and it does seem to work well. I have seen others who are much better than me do the same. I took the basic plastic handstop that Anschtuz sells and took all the plastic off so it is just the metal part. You'd think it would be an awfull thing to have your hand against but I find it to be very comfortable, more so than a handstop. So, to me the fancy super adjustable stops are not of too much interest.
Matt

Re: Adjustable Handstop

Post by Matt »

Spending more money is pointless if your current handstop fits you fine. Do not get caught up in the buying game - you can shoot great scores with the equipment you already have.

Matt

Jordan F. wrote:Is getting an expensive adjstuable handstop really worth the extra money over a "regular" handstop? Right now I am using the handstop that came with my FWB 2700. I suppose it does the trick but are there any benefits to getting a "better one"?

Thanks!
Jordan
coolcruiser

FWB handstop

Post by coolcruiser »

My 2602 handstop worked very well for me for three years. Then I decided to try the Anschutz plastic handstop. I thought that there might be some comfort gained against my hand. After a couple of months of shooting with the AHG I am considering going back to the FWB stop. It is simpler to clip onto, easier to adjust for length and has the right height to clamp my gloved hand against the stock without being too restrictive. It may not be perfect but it is very good. Want to buy the AHG?
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

Thanks for the replies.

Will keep with my FWB handstop and save my self $100!