Problem with my air cylinder.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tsokasn

Problem with my air cylinder.

Post by tsokasn »

Hello everybody.
I have a problem with my air rifle.I have a FWB P70.The rifle's air cylinder has a date mark iv/02 I believe it is manufactured on April of 2002.The air cylinder has never been serviced since.
I left the cylinder completely empty for less than 10 days and when i tryed to fill it up to day to do my practise,it was loosing air from the manometer(air capasity indicator on the top of the cylinder)What can i do ?Please help.
Thank you.
peepsight

Losing air

Post by peepsight »

I can only suggest you take the air cylinder/gun back to your dealer who should be able to sort the problem out.
In no way try to fix this yourself.

Other than that E Mail FWB who may suggest you post it to them where i'm sure they will either fix it or supply you a new cylinder.

Peepsight
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

You might want to try filling it and unfilling it a couple of times to see that everything is seated, but beyond that there's nothing that you can fix. You'll have to take it to a dealer or send it back to FWB for repair or replacement.

Also in the future try not to leave it completely empty for any length of time.
Guest1

Fixing Cylinder

Post by Guest1 »

I would check with the dealer first before sending a cylinder back to Europe. I had a problem with a cylinder and after checking with the dealer. I found that after sending it back and having them fix the cylinder and paying the shipping cost it was almost as cheap to just buy a new one.
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

Our host, Pilkguns.com, or Mac1airguns.com can do these repairs. Some cylinders require a special tool to tighten the internal nut holding the gauge, for others the gauge is simply screwed into the tank (my Steyr LG100 is this way). My Steyr tank was leaking around the quick fill adapter that replaces the original manometer -- a local hydraulic shop had the proper washer-seal to fix this.

If you don't know what you are doing, call the above and find out if you can fix it or if you need to send it to them for a fix.

Best,

Joe
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Hello everyone.
Accidentally,i did what Richard H sayed and guess what!!!The problem is 95% gone!!!I say 95% because there is still a small leak.But it's so small that it cannot influense the total performanse of the riffle.
So i cot my lesson.Never leave the air cylinder empty for any period of time.
Thank you all!