S&B .22 ammo

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

R.E. Smalley

S&B .22 ammo

Post by R.E. Smalley »

Hello all;

Anyone ever use the club and std velocity for pistol? How would you rate it?

Any problems with missfires or shelf life?

Anyone in the U.S. know where to find it? I live about halfway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

Thanks all,
Ralph Ed
coolcruiser

S&B ammo

Post by coolcruiser »

About 5 years ago I bought a brick at a good price to try it out as practice ammo for my junior riflery program. IIRC it was OK ammo. Not especially good or bad. I made a mental note to not bother to buy it again. Lately I have been using CCI standard velocity for inexpensive rifle practice...$5.50/100
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

Perhaps good for plinking, but not for serious competitive shooting. With that in mind I actually shot 300p in the precision stage with CCI Standard (Hämmerli 280). But that was probably just luck. I have no confidence in either CCI or S&B .22lr cartridges.
I recommend Lapua or some other quality brand, they make cheap cartridges too, and they are better than low-end brand in the same price range.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

I bought a brick a few years ago and used it for 25yd practice with my TOZ35. Main problem was large variations in rim thickness and I finally ended up sorting them with a rim thickness gauge. Not worth the effort when there are so many other inexpensive brands available for practice and/or plinking. I would never use it for matches.

Post by Guest »

try the SK Jagd if you're looking for quality ammo at moderate cost.

http://www.championshooters.com/index-ssl.html
R.E. Smalley

Thanks

Post by R.E. Smalley »

Thanks for all the replies.

I use CCI for practice, and I have most of a case of (UK mfg) Eley practice left, but the price of CCI is getting nearer the better brands if purchased in case quantity.

I almost ordered a brick of S&B for eval. a few weeks ago but 14.00 shipping put me off. There's lots of easier to find options.

RES