leaking cylinder

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

donthc

leaking cylinder

Post by donthc »

hi all,

i am currently using a steyr lp2. it is less than one year old, and yet, i recently discovered that my cylinder is seriously leaking gas. if i don't leave it screwed on the gun valve,it will leak until it eventually becomes empty.

i have left it separated from the gun, in the gun case for 2 days, at around 120 bar. when i open my gun case again, i find that my cylinder is completely empty, at 0 bar.

any idea on what i should do?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I had the same problem with my LP10 shortly after I got it. I empltied and filled the cylinder a couple of times and it went away and hasn'r leaked in the last 4 + years, it was probably just a piece of dirt. Give it a try it can't hurt.
Bruce Martindale

Post by Bruce Martindale »

I found my Morini 162 leaking as well. I couldnt get thru a 60 shot match.
Just send it to Scott or equal and have it rebuilt. I suspect seals are more fragile due to the higher operating pressures of air. CO2 seals seem to last forever.

regards