Eley ammunition

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Kiwi bob

Eley ammunition

Post by Kiwi bob »

I have been trying to contact "Eley" in the UK via email, using the options on there Web page. The web page has not been updated since 2002!!!!

I have also asked there agent in the US but still no reply.

Please has anybody got an up todate email address for Eley UK.

Kiwi Bob
Al Dart

Post by Al Dart »

Zanders Sporting Goods, www.gzanders.com is the importer.
GOVTMODEL

Re: Eley ammunition

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Kiwi bob wrote:I have been trying to contact "Eley" in the UK via email, using the options on there Web page. The web page has not been updated since 2002!!!!

I have also asked there agent in the US but still no reply.

Please has anybody got an up todate email address for Eley UK.

Kiwi Bob
You can contact the Chief Range Officer, Bert Brookes, by email at range@eley.co.uk

Contacting anyone else there is very unreliable.
Kiwi bob

Eley

Post by Kiwi bob »

Thanks for the replys. I have tried Zanders but like Eley I have had no reply. I will try the range officer.
Kiwi bob

Eley

Post by Kiwi bob »

I emailed the Eley range officer and got an immediate reply. He would pass on my inquiry to Sales.
It is now a week and still nothing from Eley Ammunition, UK. Perhaps I will have to go and knock on the front door and wake them up!!!
Unfortunately a bit far from NZ.
GOVTMODEL

Re: Eley

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Kiwi bob wrote:I emailed the Eley range officer and got an immediate reply. He would pass on my inquiry to Sales.
It is now a week and still nothing from Eley Ammunition, UK. Perhaps I will have to go and knock on the front door and wake them up!!!
Unfortunately a bit far from NZ.
At least one person there is awake!
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

What is it you want to know?
Kiwi bob

Eley

Post by Kiwi bob »

I have some Eley Club which I use in training.

In a box of 50, I have shot 23 and of that 23, 4 only ignited the prima. This resulted with three shots just hitting the target, (25yd indoor range) and one two thirds of the way down the barrell.

So I put an enquiry to Eley regarding batch #3105-30167

My ammunition is stored in a dry cupboard and have never experienced this before in 50 years of shooting.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

That does suck.
Kiwi bob

Eley Ammunition

Post by Kiwi bob »

Just a note to let all readers know that I am still waiting for any contact from either Eley UK or Zanders USA. I sent a second Email to the range officer, asking him to give them a nudge but I live in hope!!!

Kiwi bob
RobStubbs

Re: Eley Ammunition

Post by RobStubbs »

Kiwi bob wrote:Just a note to let all readers know that I am still waiting for any contact from either Eley UK or Zanders USA. I sent a second Email to the range officer, asking him to give them a nudge but I live in hope!!!

Kiwi bob
What happened when you phoned them ?

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

RobStubbs wrote:What happened when you phoned them ?
He shouldn't have to phone them from New Zealand Rob. If Eley want to continue to be amongst the "first choice" ammunition manufacturers then they must improve their communication. I know from personal experience how bad it is.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Kiwi bob wrote:I sent a second Email to the range officer, asking him to give them a nudge but I live in hope!!!
I have just read on another forum that he is in hospital at the moment. I would have thought that his email should be monitored but, with Eley's recent communications performance, I wouldn't bet on it.
Kiwi bob

Eley Ammunition

Post by Kiwi bob »

Well fella's, I am pleased to report that an Eley representative has contacted me with a very apologetic email.
He reports that they had a prima issue about the time of manafacture of my batch.
He accepts that we are globely miles apart so as compensation he has offered me a case of "Eley Match EPS" to be supplyed by TSNZ.

"Patience is a virtue
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Kiwi bob wrote:Well fella's, I am pleased to report that an Eley representative has contacted me with a very apologetic email.
He reports that they had a prima issue about the time of manafacture of my batch.
He accepts that we are globely miles apart so as compensation he has offered me a case of "Eley Match EPS" to be supplyed by TSNZ.

"Patience is a virtue
Thats very nice compensation.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Kiwi bob wrote:Well fella's, I am pleased to report that an Eley representative has contacted me with a very apologetic email.

"Patience is a virtue
Top marks to Eley for service :)

Julian
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

JulianY wrote: Top marks to Eley for service :)

Julian
Top marks to Eley for recognizing their poor service (and making amends)
Kiwi bob

Eley ammunition

Post by Kiwi bob »

To add another nice note to this subject, I have just received a very nice and informative letter from Mike Semens-Flanagan, Managing Director of Eley Limited.

It would appear that they have addressed the problems that they have had and look forward to next January where you will find a new Web site and major changes.

Regards
Kiwi bob
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Fred Mannis wrote:
JulianY wrote: Top marks to Eley for service :)

Julian
Top marks to Eley for recognizing their poor service (and making amends)
No kidding, most European companies just do not understand what customer service is.

I've had to deal at work with machine suppliers in Spain and Germany before. I'd rather pull my own teeth than do that again.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Jose Rossy wrote: No kidding, most European companies just do not understand what customer service is.
A rather sweeping statement me thinks. There are a lot of crap companies in Europe, and in the USA believe it or not, but most are still pretty good at customer service.

Rob.