Pain in the waist

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Pain in the waist

Post by Guest »

Hello everyone,i need your help.For a couple of days,i've been suffering from a pain in my waist,which i don't know where it came from.I am shooting without shooting trousers,i have stopped working out my body for about three weeks,and suddenly,without having lift something heavy,a strange pain appeared in my waist.It only hurts a bit when i bend in frond,especially in the morning when i wake up.As the day pass the pain goes(not all of it)When i take my shooting position,it doesn't hurts.Anyone knows what it is?
peepsight

Pain in the waist

Post by peepsight »

Hi Guest

Is your pain in your back or the sides and front of your waist?

I suspect that you have probably pulled or stretched some muscles and or ligaments in the waist just above your hips. This can happen if you have not done some stretching exercises before shooting.

I don't wear shooting pants so i use a back support body belt [legal under my national rules, but not under ISSF]. Check out the LP Support belt from your sports shop. At least wearing this support will minimise further injury. If you are worried get your doctor to check you out.
Just a further note on body support belts, i asked the ISSF if they would consider letting shooters use these supports if they don't wear pants and i made the plee on the grounds of health and safety. They said they would look in to it.

Peepsight

Pain in the waist

Post by Guest »

Hi Peepsight,it's me tsokasn.Something happened with my username and the forum appears me as a guest...?Anyway, i will try to work it out.The pain is only on the back(in the waist area)and only when i bend over.
tsokasn

Re: Pain in the waist

Post by tsokasn »

Anonymous wrote:Hi Peepsight,it's me tsokasn.Something happened with my username and the forum appears me as a guest...?Anyway, i will try to work it out.The pain is only on the back(in the waist area)and only when i bend over.
OK!Fixed it!Wasn't logged in!!!Not very good with Internet...better in shooting!