Gamo 126 Match Rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jestep

Gamo 126 Match Rifle

Post by jestep »

I know is long out of production and there were problems with the compression seal/chamber but is there any conversion or other rebuilding available for these rifles?

I've found the piston seal has a tendency to get scarred if not properly installed so they leak. However, I have got two of these that function well but I am curious if they can be retrofitted to make them a more stable platform. They are so much like some other rifles of a similar engine and I'd like to get them rebuilt for my own satisfaction.

Any ideas out there for these Gamo 126's. (junk is not an option fellas).

Jim
deliterman

gamo 126

Post by deliterman »

hi, yes i would like to know if anyone has had any luck fixing these fine old guns.just got done rebuilding a model RWS 66 works better than new now!!the gamo 126 is another one that i have and when new shot very good!would also like to rebuild it to like new , if i can.so Jestep hope someone has the answer to this!! good luck - deliterman
jestep

Gamo 126

Post by jestep »

One thing I did discover with this rifle is that the compression tube slot was rough enough to scar the seal when it was either inserted or when the gun was cocked. By carefully smoothing the slot edges and by making sure the cocking stroke didn't expose the seal to the slot, it resulted in less damage to the seal.

I also was able to disassemble the piston and refill it with 30wt oil - another problem with the gun.

Too bad the gun doesn't have more interested users.