Suspension

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Suspension

Post by Guest »

Get it all in writing. An Olympic skeet/trap shooter is on suspension for have 2 boxes shotgun shells on her back seat.
2650 Plus

Need a bit more information

Post by 2650 Plus »

If you are so inclined please provide the when, where, who,why ect. good shooting , Bill horton
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

It appears that Highschooler Kim Peters was suspended for having 2 boxes of shotgun shells locked in her car at school.

I cannot get to the original Arizona Republic article (it is a "pay for it if you want to read our news" site), but there is another similar:
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... t1029.html
and response by her coach, Mike Bonner at:
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... 4-032.html

In Arizona .... huh ..... them left wingers are indeed moving east. It's too bad ... common sense is long gone in the schools I guess
rolado

suspension

Post by rolado »

The full story was on the NRA News web site on Thursday
rolado

suspension

Post by rolado »

mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

Wow, only four days. I wouldn't worry about that. In Wichita Public Schools, it would be a 180 day explusion with all F's for that period. Great on the Grade Point Average. I know because my son got 10 days for touching a lighter on the bus, not flicking it on either, just touching it. Two weeks of F's. The really great part was that later in the year, he received a lighter from the school for doing well in Science class....

Mike
Wichita KS
jhmartin

Why my kids are homeschooled

Post by jhmartin »

Prattville Student Punished for Hugging Classmate
http://www.wsfa.com/global/story.asp?s=7321841

I suppose it will eventually come down to being suspended for coming to school with a bad attitude too.

We have a bunch of schools here having a teacher "in-service" day today (schools off, teachers working on their catch up tasks, but if they are caught up, they don't have to go in). Kinda convienient planning for the weekend.....
landb

Post by landb »

Last year I got my daughter a t shirt from Camp Perry that said I compete in a Olympic sport but I can't talk about it in school. She had all her teachers wondering, she only told one . This year she was giving a speak to the class and she put her hand into her hooded jackets pocket and felt a spent .22 case she said she almost freeked out.It must of got in her pocket as bounced off the wall between the shooting lanes. Her school has a zero tolerance on anything that is about guns. Bob