Eye exam

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

alexkittenplan

Eye exam

Post by alexkittenplan »

Can anyone recommend an ophthalmologist or an optometrist in Massachusetts, USA, who understands the shooting sports.

Thanks.
GOVTMODEL

Re: Eye exam

Post by GOVTMODEL »

alexkittenplan wrote:Can anyone recommend an ophthalmologist or an optometrist in Massachusetts, USA, who understands the shooting sports.

Thanks.
Not in MA, but Katherine Rispoli, O.D., in Middletown, RI is very good. I take my pistol with me to the exam every year. She's familiar with the needs of pistol shooters. I'm not sure about rifle folks.

Post by Guest »

How far are you willing to travel? There in an ophthalmologist in Barre, VT that is a competitive rifle shooter.
alexkittenplan

Eye exam

Post by alexkittenplan »

Anonymous wrote:How far are you willing to travel? There in an ophthalmologist in Barre, VT that is a competitive rifle shooter.
Barre, Vt is over 3 hours away. Bit far.

Thanks

Alex
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

alexkittenplan wrote:Barre, Vt is over 3 hours away. Bit far.
To some, it would be worth the trip, but each shooter must evaluate their own level of commitment.

In any case, you might be interested in an article by an eyecare professional (who is also a competitve shooter), that was written to help us get the most from those eyecare professionals that don't understand our needs. The article (and several others) can be seen here:

BULLSEYE SHOOTERS' GUIDE FOR THE EYECARE PROFESSIONAL

Take Care,
Ed Hall
U.S. Air Force Competitive Shooting Teams
Bullseye (and International) CompetitionThings
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Try http://customsightpicture.com/

Dr. Toler is a competitive shooter, and has worked up a very good system to let you figure out what you need for your eye, your gun, and your range. Nifty system.
alexkittenplan

Post by alexkittenplan »

Ed Hall wrote:
alexkittenplan wrote:Barre, Vt is over 3 hours away. Bit far.
To some, it would be worth the trip, but each shooter must evaluate their own level of commitment.

As I did. There is or was an ophthalmologist in Lexington, MA who worked with the US shooting team in the early 80's. I was interested to see if there were others in the state of Massachusetts. In the event that I would need to see the person again, closer is better.

In any case, you might be interested in an article by an eyecare professional (who is also a competitve shooter), that was written to help us get the most from those eyecare professionals that don't understand our needs. The article (and several others) can be seen here:

BULLSEYE SHOOTERS' GUIDE FOR THE EYECARE PROFESSIONAL

Thank you, I'm familiar with the article and plan to print it.