School District Policies for a Rifle Team?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Kristin

School District Policies for a Rifle Team?

Post by Kristin »

Hey all,

My school district has approved starting an air rifle team! Yay! Now we are having the lawyer draw up a new policy for an air rifle team.

I need an example from a school that already has a rifle team. Does anyone have a saved copy that they could email to me? If so, please email me at kristinpwalters@yahoo.com.

Thanks!!
Kristin
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Have you asked USAS or the NRA ? I would assume one or other would have some form of template, or if not they should know where you can find one.

Rob.
GCSInc

Call me

Post by GCSInc »

Kristin,

http://www.lexis-nexis.com/hottopics/gacode/default.asp;

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-127 (2007), TITLE 16. CRIMES AND OFFENSES, CHAPTER 11. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY, ARTICLE 4. DANGEROUS INSTRUMENTALITIES AND PRACTICES, PART 3. CARRYING AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS , § 16-11-127. Carrying deadly weapons to or at public gatherings; affirmative defenses , GEORGIA CODE

It's not up to School Boards in Georgia, Riflery is a "Varsity Sport" and controled by the Georgia High School Association, just like Baseball, Football or Track...

Pay special attention to; 16-11-127.1. (c) The provisions of this Code section shall not apply to:

(2) Participants in organized sport shooting events or firearm training courses;

(6) A person who has been authorized in writing by a duly authorized official of the school to have in such person's possession or use as part of any activity being conducted at a school building, school property, or school function a weapon which would otherwise be prohibited by this Code section. Such authorization shall specify the weapon or weapons which have been authorized and the time period during which the authorization is valid;

Roy McClain
(678) 772-8185 cell / (404) 227-2272 cell