info on Walther LG carbonteck

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Frank

info on Walther LG carbonteck

Post by Frank »

Thinking of buying a Walther 300XT Carbontech. How does this stock hold up?? Does it "shoot loose" It is worth the extra money??? Thanks
peepsight

Walther carbon tech

Post by peepsight »

High Frank

This model of Walther must rank as the most expensive match air rifle and costs over 2 grand in the UK [which i think is a rip off].

The idea behind the stock made of carbon is it is thermally more stable from very hot to below zero than aluminium stocks. The expansion and contraction rates are minimul. It is [without any extra weights added] very light at under 4KG, so there is a wider scope for weight adjustment from junior to senior. I'm not sure if bolts work loose, but i suspect they don't.
Having said that many world class shooters are staying with the standard LG-300XT and are performing great world class scores.
I would be more interested in the newer LG-300XT Anotomic model that has gone back to a laminated wood stock yet still achieves all the adjustments that the alu stock does. Its cheaper too.
My favourite Walther is the LG-300 XT Pro Grip model.

You may be wasting your money unless you can think of a good reason for owning a carbon stock Walther. I cannot see the other makers following with carbon stocks, but you never know!

Peepsight
robf

Post by robf »

they look good ryan :D

and the adjustments are very nice, but then do 10m chaps play with them that much?

i'd love to get one, rip out the action and drop one of my ft actions in and see how she feels...the temp shift issues on the dommies seems to be stock related, and we hope we've nailed it...time will tell...but they look the part.

i've seen them cheaper from the german chaps, so indeed the rip seems to be not required...not sure how well the uk official dealer is on the ball considering the bad support they give us walther FT shooters (much better dealing direct with germany)...

still, they do look good :D