federal automatch

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

federal automatch

Post by Guest »

i want to know if you can shoot these federal automatch in a single load gun?
Ted

Post by Ted »

If you are talking about federal fmj match, then they should be fine in any single load pistol. The 'automatch' as I understand it simply means the bullet is seated enough so they function well in a semi auto handgun. It doesn't mean they are for a semi auto only. Which single load gun are you talking about? Is the automatch the .45 185 fmj?
johnRW

Post by johnRW »

I believe that Federal Automatch is a .22lr round. My understanding is that it's a higher velocity round designed to cycle a semiauto. Federal's website claims 1200fps, sold in 325 round bulk packs. 325 rounds? What is that? 13 packs of 25? Code is AM22.

Can you use this in a single load? Sure, if you can safely shoot high velocity ammo through it. Still a 40gr bullet, only at 1200fps.
another guest

Re: federal automatch

Post by another guest »

Anonymous wrote:i want to know if you can shoot these federal automatch in a single load gun?
should the question be can you, or why would you?
gooberpp

AutoMatch

Post by gooberpp »

I want to use it because it is very consistent and accurate ammo at a reasonable price. I does have enough power to reliably run a blow back action but the ignition and power are also very consistent shot to shot.