AIR ARMS MOD T200 SPORTER AIR RIFLE

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Post by Guest »

Does anyone have any experience with this air rifle? We are considering purchasing two for our youth shooting program verses the Daisy 887 as we are already set up for compressed air and not CO2. Maybe CO2 isn't as big of issue as we are making it???? I would appreciate any information offered!
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

The T200 is basically the same rifle as the "old" Daisy XSV-40, but with a fixed, longer stock.

I use these types of rifles for my younger shooters due to their light weight ... for my older shooters, they prefer the 888/887 rifles.
I have seen both shoot into the 560's (The American Legion National match was won by a 13 year old this year (Noel Maxwell) with an XSV-40.

CO2 is a slightly bigger hassle, but it is really not an issue unless you are shooting outdoors on a really hot day .... but I also saw a whole buch of shooters using these at the 4-H Nationals in the silhouette match with no issues .... they just kept the guns covered when they were not firing.

My opinion as a 4-H coach..... I want as many guns as I can get into the hands of the shooters, and that means the 888/887's. .... It's as simple as I can get 2 887's for the price of 1 T200. I f I have kids waiting to shootin in relays in practice because of a lack of rifles, I'll lose a percentage of them for that reason. I can't do anything about increasing the number of lanes I have to fire in, but I can work to make sure that I have enough guns to fill the lanes.
T200 shooter

My experience with the rifle

Post by T200 shooter »

Hi

I have been a sporter shooter with my T200 for about 4 years now and I can asure you that you won't make a mistake buying them. With the right type of pellets (mine worked best with Ultratec supreme match 4.49 at 90 bars) you can shoot 99's cosistanly in the prone position.

In my four years of shooting I haven't found any problems other than an o-ring that needs to be replaced and my trigermechanism did need some machining after about 30 000 shots.

I don't know anything about the daisy though, but as I said, the T200 is a very good rifle for sporter.

Hope this helps.
LT-1

T200

Post by LT-1 »

We have been using a number of XS-40/T200 rifles for 5+ years. I am very happy with them. So happy I am ordering 8 more. We have had many 100's in prone and alot of high kneeling and standing scores by many shooters.

I have tried CO2 rifles and pistols, they are a pain in the neck. They are OK inside but try shooting silouettes at the 4H Nationals in the hot sun. We never did but saw many others try.

What ever you do don't get a Crosman 2000.
skheeb

Post by skheeb »

I am really confused. When I look at the description of this rifle on Champions Choice it describes it as Compressed Air. Is it compressed air or Co2? I was thinking about buying this rifle and I definitely do not want a Co2 rifle.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

The XSV-40 & T200 are Compressed Air Rifles

As per your other post .... I consider these Sporters, not P-guns