Shooting boots

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tsokasn

Shooting boots

Post by tsokasn »

Hello everyone.I am looking for shooting boots.What do you suggest,where can i get them(and how mutch of coarse)?A Greek dealer has got some Anschutz boots made by Meindl at 150euros.Anybody knows something about them?An other one has Sauer for !!!260!!!euros.What would you do in my place?
Joe66

To: tsokasn

Post by Joe66 »

If you have a skinnier foot, get the Anschutz it fits better.
If you have a stockier foot, get Sauer.

I have both. I found that the Anschutz has the same quality as the Sauer boots, thus I don’t understand the big difference in price.
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Joe66, myEnglish are a little bit rusty.Can you define me skinnier and stockier please?Thank you!
Joe66

TO: tsokasn

Post by Joe66 »

tsokasn,

Not everybody has the same body build. Some people are skinny, some are fat, and some are muscular. The skinny people usually have thinner bones. The Anschutz boot will fit them better than the Sauer, because the Sauer boots have more room inside. People with a stockier build usually have thicken bones, thus their feet are usually thicker; the Anschutz boots may fit uncomfortably tight. They should be wearing the Sauer boots.

Since Greece is closed to Italy, did you get a chance to wear Italian shoes? I have, and in general they give me a tighter fit than American made shoes. I think in general the Italians have slimmer feet than us Americans.
fat-tony

Post by fat-tony »

tsokasn wrote:Joe66, myEnglish are a little bit rusty.Can you define me skinnier and stockier please?Thank you!
I think what Joe66 is referring to is the width of your foot. That is the measurement across your foot. In the US or British systems, shoes are measured in length (size 7 UK = 41/42 European or size 8 US). Widths are measured from A to EEEEEE, which is(for size 7 from 8cm to 12cm). What the poster is saying is that if your foot is narrow then go for the Anschutz. If your foot is wide, then go for the Sauer. As for locating Greece close to Italy, that may be the view of an American used to the wide open prairies! We in Europe would not consider you that close (unless you are in Corfu!).
Joe66

NO!

Post by Joe66 »

fat-tony is incorrect about what I am saying. I do NOT mean the width of the foot. I mean the amount of room inside the boots!

The Anschutz and Sauer has about the same width. We are talking about volumn inside the boot!
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Ok,got the point.as soon as i try them for size,i'll make my decision.About that Anschutz made by Meindl...do you know anything?I've never seen them on a site.The boots have Meindl trademark on them.Any shop that you prefer shopping shooting acc?
peepsight

Boots

Post by peepsight »

From my experience, Sauer and Anschutz boots are quite roomy [volume] for the given sizes. Kurt Thune are a tad narrower for the same size.
Gehmann also sell some good boots that are quite roomy.
Kusterman are slightly on the narrow side but very good boots My all time favourite is the Truttman boot if you can get them.

Peepsight
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Hello peepsight.I got a pair of Anschutz Easy.They cost me 150eyros from Greece.The reason i bought them from my country is that it was the only way to try them on my feet.About the trousers now,my Anschytz dealer has not got any stock to try on.I told him that he must measure me,but he told me that i only have to tell him the number of my shooting jacket...I don't think he is right...What must i do?
peepsight

Trouser measurement

Post by peepsight »

Hi
It would be safer to give your inside leg measurement and waist measurement. Next measure the total length from your waist band to your ankle. If you have a realy good fitting pair of jeans, [i don't mean those grobby baggy things] give those measurements to the shop.

Peepsight